Adjunct Faculty, Personal Enrichment Explore Engage and Fast-Paced Youth Programs
Posting Number F00596 Position Title Adjunct Faculty, Personal Enrichment Explore Engage and Fast-Paced Youth Programs Internal Position Title Department Personal Enrichment Position Type Part-Time Faculty Job Family Adjunct Faculty Job Summary
College of Lake County is seeking Innovative and engaging instructors to develop programs and teach classes for the Explore Youth Program for grades 1-12, Engage Career Experiences for grades 9-12 and Fast-Paced Gifted Program for grades 6-8.
Please visit http://www.clcillinois.edu/youth for current youth topics.
Applicants are encouraged to propose new program ideas. Topics may include but are not limited to SAT and college test prep, academic study skills, apprenticeships, art, astronomy, coding, creative writing, chemistry, culinary, digital media, engineering, entrepreneurship, filmmaking, history, LEGO®, linguistics, literature, math, physics, photography, rocketry, sound design, STEAM, theatre arts, the trades, voice-over and writing.
Relevant teaching experience.
Excellent communication skills.
Demonstrated ability to engage and teach children successfully.
Demonstrated ability to teach successfully both in person and online.
Ability to work effectively and constructively with persons of diverse cultures, gender identities, language groups, and abilities; demonstrate sensitivity to and ability to work with the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural and ethnic backgrounds of community college students, faculty, and staff, including those with disabilities; establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Competency and/or commitment to learn and use technologies commonly used in instruction at CLC : Zoom, Canvas, Adobe Cloud, Microsoft 365, etc.
Three years’ relevant, successful experience teaching children at the grade level for which you are applying.
Bachelor’s or advanced degree in education or related field.
Current state teacher certification with appropriate endorsements.
Posting Date 08/04/2020 Closing Date 12/31/2020 Expected Start Date 09/21/2020 Special Instructions Summary
Certified teacher applicants please submit copies of your teaching certificate and endorsements.
Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis, your application will remain in the pool until the posting closes. Selected applicants will be contacted by Personal Enrichment when an opening is anticipated.
Pay Rate Per adjunct contract. Full-Time/Part-Time Part-Time Location Grayslake Total Hours per week Varies Work Schedule
Varies. Days, evenings and Saturday hours are possible.
Per class schedule.
Location could be Grayslake, Southlake or Lakeshore campus, a CLC extension site, online or a hybrid.
The College of Lake County is an equal opportunity employer and has a strong commitment to diversity. In that spirit, it seeks a broad spectrum of candidates including minorities, women and people with disabilities. EOE /AA/M/F/D/V
Software Testing Required None Interview Process Requirements None Summary of Essential Functions
- will develop and teach age-appropriate lessons in the assigned subject(s) and grade level(s) in new or existing programs.
- will fulfill administrative requirements, meet established deadlines and complete required training. - are expected to stay current in compliance training, including compliance under Title IX “Responsible Employee” and, if applicable, Clery Act Campus Security Authority as a condition of employment. - will agree to and follow appropriate College and department policies and procedures.
POSITIONS SUPERVISED : None
Posting Specific Questions - supplemental questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Do you have relevant teaching experience?
- * Do you have demonstrated ability to teach successfully both
in person and online?
- * Do you have three years' relevant, successful experience
teaching children at the grade level for which you are applying?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's or advanced degree in education or
- * Do you have current state teacher certification with
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial Transcript 1
- Other Document
- Teaching Portfolio
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake
- Other Education Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Gages Lake