Assistant Director of Facilities
University Code 17911 University Title Administrator 1, Facilities Management University Job Family Facilities Management ORP Eligible Yes For more information on ORP, visit: Retirement Plans
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Recruitment Type Multi Title Scope of Search National Working Title Assistant Director of Facilities Position Number 571470 Position Type Staff Job Status Full-Time FLSA Indicator Exempt Employee Group University Employee Department University Housing Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Position Primary Purpose and General Responsibilities
• Provides day-to-day management of resident halls including, but not limited to: serving as the main contact for all facilities and housekeeping issues, fire/safety drills and checks, and student and parent concerns.
•Provides leadership and supervision for Facilities Coordinators regarding daily as well as long- term operations.
•Oversees daily administration of housing vendor contracts, managed by the Facility Coordinators.
• Works daily with Facilities Management and contractors to provide efficient and effective Maintenance and Custodial services in the residence halls.
Minimum Hiring Standards
• Demonstrated ability in the integrated logistical planning of facilities-related projects.
•Skills in planning and coordination of complex assignments and projects across multiple organizational units.
• Ability to communicate effectively with a variety of constituents both orally and in writing, including the delivery of presentations.
•Proficiency in Office software to include Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and the Internet.
•Strong interpersonal skills, including an ability to analyze and solve problems.
• Ability to supervise and work effectively with professional and non-professional personnel.
• Bachelor’s degree in business management, hotel/restaurant management, or related field .
• Demonstrated experiences in fostering a diverse and inclusive environment and an expressed commitment to do so while at VCU .
Preferred Hiring Standards
•Experience working in a diverse collegiate setting.
•Experience working in a residence hall setting.
•Master’s Degree Preferred.
Required Licenses/ Certifications Anticipated Hiring Range $55,000 Application Process/Additional Information Campus Monroe Park Campus Hours/Week 40 Normal Work Days/Hours Monday-Friday Job Open Date 08/04/2020 Posting will close on or before Open Until Filled Yes Job Category Trades/ Housekeeping and Operations Is this a restricted position? No Is this position eligible to participate in alternative work arrangements? Yes Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Quick Link http://www.vcujobs.com/postings/99796 Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application