Health Services Nursing Professional
Full-time, nine-month health services nursing professional position starting as soon as possible at the University of Minnesota Crookston campus. Annual renewable contract with salary based on qualifications and experience.
This position reports directly to the Dean of Student Engagement & Wellness, works closely with Athletics and the Wellness Center staff, area healthcare providers, Counseling, and Disability services to provide health care and health education to students. The Nursing Professional will demonstrate a strong commitment to equity and belonging for students with diverse identities such as first-generation college students; students of various racial, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds; students from low-income families; students from rural communities; students with disabilities; LGBTQ students; and non-traditional adult learners.
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing.
Professional health care
certification, registration, or state licensure.
2 years professional experience in a
Demonstrated self-awareness, cultural
competence, and achievement in working with diverse
Excellent interpersonal and
Proven ability to work
collaboratively with faculty, student affairs educators, and
The final job offer is contingent
upon a completed background check and receipt of official college
Experience providing health care on a
Proficiency in a second language,
Functions and Duties:
Function as a thought leader,
devising new and creative ways of educating students about health
care and maintaining good health.
Remain current with best practices in
Demonstrate self-awareness of one's
own cultural beliefs, perspectives, and privileges as a part of
one’s orientation toward student interaction.
Build a culture of collaboration,
teamwork, and “over-communication” that fosters transparency with
colleagues and the Dean of Student Engagement & Wellness.
Contribute to assessment,
accreditation, and other continuous improvement processes.
Demonstrate leadership and
professionalism through skills and dispositions related to active
listening, confidentiality, and ethical educational practice.
- Assigned responsibilities are to be carried out in a manner respectful of students of all cultures and backgrounds.
- Makes observations, assesses patients, and interviews patients to obtain accurate history and reason for visit.
- Interprets data to identify students’ health needs.
- Recognizes and responds to medical emergencies and unplanned situations.
- Implements nursing care according to established policies, procedures, and protocols in line with best practices.
Review of applications will begin immediately until the position is filled. Application materials will include a current resume or curriculum vita, a cover letter, and a list of 3-5 professional references. In addition to addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications, the cover letter must address indicators of the candidate’s ability to promote equity and inclusion at a small campus in a rural context. Visit https://myu.umn.edu/employment for complete instructions on how to apply electronically. Please include a copy of college transcripts. Questions about the position can be directed to Savala DeVoge firstname.lastname@example.org or call 218-281-8507.
The University of Minnesota is an equal opportunity educator and employer. Women and members of minority groups are encouraged to apply.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crookston
- Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crookston
- Health Services Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crookston
- Other Student Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Crookston