Licensed Psychologist - Psychology Clinic Director
Florida Institute of Technology is recruiting for a full-time, 12-month Clinical Director for its Psychology Clinic. The Psychology training and service clinic (called Community Psychological Services) offers psychological assessment, outpatient therapy and counseling services for individuals and families. In collaboration with other department leadership, the Clinical Director ensures that the clinic program is fulfilling its responsibilities to provide high quality and timely psychological programs and services. The position will oversee therapy provided by clinical psychology doctoral students under the supervision of licensed clinical psychology faculty members at Florida Institute of Technology.
Florida Institute of Technology’s clinical Psy.D. program has been accredited since 1983. Community Psychological Services is housed within the Scott Center for Autism Treatment. This beautiful facility has been assisting people throughout this community since it first opened, at reduced fees, to ensure a large and diverse group can be provided services every day. Additionally, the clinic has adapted to COVID-19 to ensure safety and cleanliness for all staff and clientele. This includes provision of services via telehealth whenever possible. Please see the following website for additional information https://www.thescottcenter.org/
Specific job responsibilities:
- Work collaboratively with the academic program faculty and Director of Clinical Training (DCT) to offer exceptional practical training experience for students while providing effective clinical services to clients.
- Oversee daily operations of the clinic including client screening, intake and assessment, and QA.
- Provide clinical supervision and crisis management.
- Ensure that issues of diversity, equity and inclusion are addressed in all clinic activities.
- Oversee specialty clinics, develop additional clinical services and student training opportunities.
- Develop marketing materials and community relationships to recruit appropriate clients.
- With appropriate qualifications, the Clinic Director may hold a non-tenure track faculty appointment and teach occasional courses in clinical psychology.
- Doctoral degree (Ph.D. or Psy.D.) in Clinical Psychology from APA accredited institution.
- Licensed Psychologist, or license-eligible, in the state of Florida
- 2-5 years of experience in clinical supervision and case management
- Experience with program management and personnel supervision strongly preferred
- Interest and expertise in psychological assessment strongly preferred
- Teaching experience at the graduate level preferred
- Orientation toward clinical research or research facilitation a plus
Direct inquiries to Dr. Lisa A. Steelman, Dean College of Psychology & Liberal Arts at firstname.lastname@example.org