Adjunct Faculty, Certified Nursing Aid CTE-CE
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance .
Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of six colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, was named a 2017 Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Lone Star College-Tomball, located north of Houston and founded in 1988, offers a wide range of programs including the college system’s only veterinary technology program and leading health sciences programs.
Campus address is 30555 Tomball Parkway, Tomball, TX 77375.
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
It is the responsibility of the teaching faculty to provide the learning activities and support that will lead to the achievement of the course objectives and contribute to the educational environment of the college and the community. Primary responsibilities are to plan, develop and teach courses within the curriculum in a manner that facilitates student learning.
CE Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Teaches Continuing Education courses in the Certified Nursing Aide Program
- Develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course following established institutional guidelines
- Instructs students in lecture, on-site laboratory, and off-site clinical facilities, correlating theory with the practice of basic nursing care for residents of long-term facilities in preparation for the state certification examination
- Complies with state requirements established by DADS (Department of Aging and Disability Services) and assist state examiner with student testing by providing support to the examiner as needed on state-assigned testing dates
- Performs ongoing, written student evaluations in the form of a Skills Inventory and evaluates student comprehension by administering written tests based on lecture/lab materials, and provides oral and written feedback to students as appropriate
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress
- Submits required college reports and forms
- Provides timely, quality access to students through posted office hours, electronic communication and other appropriate methods
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Commitment to academic excellence, student success, exceptional service, and providing a dynamic climate for lifelong learning
- Willingness to embrace new instructional modalities to improve the teaching-learning process
- Ability to use effective strategies to engage student in their learning
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Picking, pinching, typing, or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with the whole hand as in handling
- Picking, holding, or otherwise working primarily with the whole hand
- Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects, including the human body
- Ability to push, pull, squat, turn, twist, bend and stoop
- Ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and to make the discrimination in sound
- Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word including those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly or quickly
- Close visual acuity to perform an activity such as; preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; and/or extensive reading
WORK SCHEDULE & CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- Hours will vary depending on class time; instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction
- One year of long-term care experience
- Some teaching experience
- RN or LVN
$43.75 per contact hour.
Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition waiver, participation in a tax deferred retirement plan, professional development opportunities and more.
All applicants for Full Time Faculty and Adjunct Faculty positions are required to provide a cover letter and unofficial transcripts for consideration for employment with Lone Star College.
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify .
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball
- Other Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball
- Administrative Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball
- Academic Affairs Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Tomball