Community Health Worker I-Part Time (College of Medicine) - (STA006235)
Helps move program efforts forward with the UH Community Health Worker (CHW) initiative by providing outreach, navigation and eligibility assistance for participants of various programs.
- Serves as point of contact between community/neighborhood and the UH CHW initiative.
- Establishes rapport with community members and families participating in the UH CHW initiatives.
- Recruits program participants for study.
- Conducts home/site visits to identify needs for services and provide information and referrals to diverse resources.
- Maintains case record documents providing thorough documentation in a timely manner.
- Serves as peer trainer for new or less experienced staff.
- Partners with CHWs and staff members to assist in contacting community members participating in UH initiatives.
- Adheres to policies and procedures of the organization and CHW Initiative programs.
- Maintains partnerships with community based organizations (local schools/ school districts or health and community non-profits or stakeholders in the CHWs community/neighborhood.Performs other job-related duties as required.
High school and No experience
Education: Requires a basic knowledge of grammar, spelling, punctuation and simple mathematical functions like percentages, ratios, etc. as might normally be acquired through attainment of a high school diploma or GED.
Experience: No experience required.
Certification/Licensing: Texas State Community Health Worker Certification obtained within at least the last 12 months.
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Community Relations & Institutional Outreach Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Student Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston
- Health Services Not specified Part Time jobs in Houston