Assistant Director of PSEO Office (AA21086)
Assistant Director of PSEO Office (AA21086)
Division: Academic Affairs
Department: Academic Affairs
Unit: Academic Affairs211, MSUAASF
Employment Condition: Probationary
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin on June 22, 2020 and continue until the position has been filled.
POSITION: Probationary; Range B*
Salary Maximum: Depends on Qualifications
Salary Type: Hourly
Bargaining Unit/Plan: 211, MSUAASF
The Assistant Director of the PSEO Office is responsible for implementing an integrated advising model for students participating in the Post Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO) program, including concurrent enrollment students. They will work closely with traditional PSEO students to develop individualized plans of study, assist in career and major exploration, meet high school graduation requirements, and transfer academic credit. They will work closely with high school counselors to help ensure traditional PSEO students are on track to graduate from high school and to identify and reduce barriers to student success. The Assistant Director will work closely with the Director of the PSEO Office to create efficient processes that promote student success and maintain relationships with current and future high school partners. They will play a key role in helping grow opportunities for high school students to earn college credits.
Daily, the PSEO Office collaborates with University Admissions, Registrar, Student Financial Services, MavCard, campus bookstore, Student Success, and our high school partners. The Assistant Director will play a key role in helping maintain these relationships and build new partnerships.
- Bachelor’s degree (conferred on an official transcript and received in Human Resources by start date).
- Demonstrated excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated excellent organizational skills.
- Demonstrated commitment to fostering a diverse working and learning environment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of student development theory and its application with high school students, especially juniors and seniors.
- Knowledge of PSEO legislation and state statutes.
- Demonstrated knowledge of campus and academic resources.
- Demonstrated knowledge of FERPA regulations.
- Knowledge of Minnesota High School graduation requirements.
- Experience with college admissions, enrollment, and other higher education departments.
- Proficiency with electronic student record methods, content management systems, or other electronic applications (ISRS, ARSA, Perceptive Content, EPM11, SLEDS).
- Working knowledge of Adobe suite.
Work safely at all times, which includes but is not limited to, participating and completing all required safety trainings, as well as performing all job tasks in accordance with Minnesota State University, Mankato policies and procedures utilizing appropriate tools, equipment and personal protective equipment.
Additional information on Minnesota State University, Mankato can be found at: www.mnsu.edu
- The salary range denoted above is the contractual range; however, salary upon hire is dependent upon qualifications and experience.
To apply for this position, please continue the process via this website: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/vacancy/
A complete online application will include the following attachments. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed by the search committee.
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Contact Information for three (3) references
- Unofficial Transcript(s) of your highest completed degree
- A brief (no more than one-page) diversity statement presenting a commitment to or experience working in an equity-minded environment
Director of Postsecondary Enrollment Options Office
TTY: 800-627-3529 or 711
*Employment for this position is covered by the collective bargaining agreement for the Minnesota State University Administrative and Service Faculty which can be found at: http://www.mnsu.edu/hr/bargaining.html
NOTICE: In accordance with the Minnesota State Vehicle Fleet Safety Program, employees driving on college/university business who use a rental or state vehicle shall be required to conform to MN State’s vehicle use criteria and consent to a Motor Vehicle Records check.
The Minnesota State University, Mankato Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available for your review. This report is required by federal law and contains policy statements and crime statistics for the University. The policy statements address the school’s policies, procedures and programs concerning safety and security. Three years’ worth of statistics are included for certain types of crimes that were reported to have occurred on-campus, or in other University affiliated locations. This report is available online at: http://www.mnsu.edu/safety/ You may also request a paper copy from University Security at 507-389-2111, or by emailing email@example.com
The following link provides a brief overview of benefits available to eligible employees of Minnesota State University.
Select the ASF Summary (Administrative & Service Faculty) link from the list for specifics of that plan.
Posting Number: M055M
Number of Vacancies: 1
Desired Start Date: 08/01/2020
Position End Date (if temporary):
Open Date: 06/01/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Special Instructions Summary:
To apply, visit https://minnesotastate.peopleadmin.com/postings/1663
Minnesota State University, Mankato has a long-standing commitment to diversity and is actively seeking to nurture and enrich its underrepresented communities. Women, minorities, veterans and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. In accordance with USCIS regulations, successful applicants must be legally able to accept work in the United States. Requests for reasonable accommodation of a disability during the application and/or interview process should be made to the Office of Human Resources, 507-389-2015 (V), 800-627-3529 or 711 (MRS/TTY). This Vacancy Notice is available in alternative format upon request. Minnesota State University, Mankato is an affirmative action/equal opportunity University and is a member of the Minnesota State Colleges and Universities System.