Instructional Designer / Technologist
To create a Posting, first complete the information on this screen, then click the 'Next' button or select the page in the left hand navigation menu. Proceed through all sections completing all necessary information. To submit the Posting to Human Resources, you must go to the 'Posting Summary Page' by clicking on the 'Next' button until you reach the Posting Summary Page or select Posting Summary Page from the left navigation menu. Once a summary page appears, hover your mouse over the orange Action button for a list of possible approval step options.
Working Title Instructional Designer / Technologist Department Ctr for Innovation & Tech in Education Compensation Title Position Number 30023406 Position Status Regular Work Schedule
Monday – Friday, 8:15 am – 4:30 pm
Hours per Week 37.5 Months per Year 12 Commitment to Inclusive Excellence
Northern Kentucky University embraces inclusiveness, equity, and global awareness in all dimensions of our work and seek excellence through diversity among our students, administrators, faculty, and staff. Application by members of diverse groups is encouraged.
We are an Equal Opportunity/Equal Access/Affirmative Action institution.
Purpose of Position
This position is responsible for the coordination, design and development of instructional, technological and multimedia related objects needed for online, hybrid and/or face-to-face course delivery as well as provide support and training for the development and integration of instructional technology into the learning environment.
1. Design and development of content specific interactive learning objects, multimedia, web resources instructional materials and use of assessment for course delivery assessment;
2. Develop and deliver online and face-to-face workshops and professional development opportunities related pedagogy, instructional design, instructional technology, and software tools to faculty and staff;
3. Provide individual consultations with faculty in the application of pedagogical strategies;
4. Maintain working knowledge of current and emerging technologies ;
5. Support faculty use of web conferencing, video conferencing, lecture capturing and online communication tools within the University’s online course management system, Canvas;
6. Work with faculty and IT staff to identify and produce efficient learning solutions;
7. Assessing, evaluating and reporting to determine the effectiveness of developed materials as related to student learning outcomes;
8. Stay up to date on current issues and strategies related to accessibility in online education. Serve as an advisor and advocate for implementing Universal Design strategies in online courses.
Bachelor’s degree with two years of relevant experience or a Master’s degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Curriculum Design, Educational Technology or related field.
Applications submitted by March 23, 2020 will receive full consideration.
Any candidate who is offered this position will be required to go through a pre-employment criminal background check as mandated by state law.
Minimum Education Bachelor's Degree Preferred Education Master's Degree Minimum Experience 2 years Salary Minimum $44,167 Pay Grade S72
Requisition Number 2020S1215 Job Open Date 03/02/2020 Job Close Date Open Until Filled Yes Quick Link http://jobs.nku.edu/postings/9344 Is this an internal only posting? Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- NKU Jobs Site
- Inside Higher Ed
- Employee Referral
- * Do you have any teaching/training experience? If so, please
(Open Ended Question)
- What is your highest level of education?
- Bachelor's degree
- Master's degree or higher
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application