Work Site Location: Coeur d'Alene Campus
This position is responsible for performing a variety of office support and/or secretarial duties for the Development / Foundation Office. The office is fast-paced and position requires working with vast numbers of people, projects, and competing deadlines.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check.
This list includes but is not limited to the following:
- Performs a variety of office support activities and assignments, which are generally confidential in nature and of some variety and limited complexity within prescribed and routine office procedures.
- Operates personal computer to enter data, draft, edit, revise, and print letters, tables, reports, and other materials and performs word processing functions for a variety of standard documents and correspondence.
- Processes other’s correspondence and reports and maintains records and file systems, edits and proofreads documents to ensure accuracy.
- Performs typing, keyboarding, copying, scanning, filing and faxing and general office duties including fielding telephone calls, receiving, relaying and resolving routine telephone and/or walk-up inquiries and directing visitors.
- Greets and directs visitors, resolves routine administrative questions and answers inquiries concerning the activities and operations of the department/division.
- Performs routine secretarial functions requiring little discretion that may involve specific duties of a routine nature where supervision is infrequent such as mail distribution, reception and telephone activities.
- May maintain staff or supervisor appointments and calendars.
- May make travel arrangements for staff and supervisor.
- Maintains office supply inventory and orders office supplies as needed.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Collects and processes cash, check, or credit card funds from donations and special events.
- Assists in administrative support functions for the Development Department, including grants office, alumni relations, and the NIC Foundation.
- Provides administrative support by maintaining electronic and physical file systems, reading and routing incoming mail, preparing outgoing mail, answering telephone, providing information, and routing calls.
- Assists in scheduling appointments and maintaining calendars; assists in scheduling and coordinating meetings, facilities usage, events, and or travel arrangements, as required.
- Demonstrates competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and ability and willingness to learn customized donor and alumni relations database is essential. Database experience preferred.
- Composes original correspondence and memos.
- Performs customized and mass mail merges successfully and accurately.
- Provides exceptional customer service.
- Exhibits ability to successfully multitask and performs tasks with accuracy and attention to detail.
- Assists with special projects as directed.
- Runs various routine errands, as required, for the department/division.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience : High school diploma or GED and 1 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : High school diploma or general education degree (GED) and a minimum of one-year full-time related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Excellent customer service, verbal communication and interpersonal skills
• Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and in small group situations
• Proficient skills using Microsoft Office applications
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
Advertised: 31 Jul 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 18 Sep 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene