Visitor Center Coordinator
The University mission is to establish Colorado State
University-Pueblo as the people's university of the southwest
United States by 2028.
To support the University mission, the Division of Enrollment Management, Communication, and Student Affairs will work creatively and diligently to attain optimal enrollments, enhance student development and success, and support the academic units and overall mission of the institution with the purpose of ensuring seamless systems and positive experiences for our students.
The Office of Admissions at Colorado State University-Pueblo will support the University mission and enrollment goals by providing intentional, professional, and attentive service to facilitate recruitment and admission, with the purpose of attaining students from diverse backgrounds who are well-suited to the University.
The Visitor Center Coordinator is an integral member of the Office of Admissions. Specific duties include, but are not limited to: supervise the Student Ambassador Team; coordinate all aspects of a comprehensive daily visit program for prospective students; provide oversight of the group visit program and the Call Center; provide counseling on the admissions process to prospective students and parents. This position will assist with planning and coordinating the twice a semester Discover Day programs for prospective students and families and assist with other admissions tasks as needed.
- Oversee the daily operations of the Visitor’s Center, including the Call Center. Coordinate the scheduling of daily campus visits, including faculty and counselor appointments, visit confirmations and follow-ups.
- Coordinate the scheduling of visits for groups coming to campus, including tours, presentations, meals, pre- and post-visit communication, billing, etc.
- Assist with aspects of Discover Day visit programs.
- Coordinate with additional vendors and vendor programs, as needed.
- Assist with Admissions related tasks related to communication, processing, and front desk coverage, as needed.
- Recruit, hire and train members of the Student Ambassador team (20-30 student employees).
- Develop initial campus tour training program and on-going training sessions regarding the University and Visitor Center functions.
- Oversee Student Ambassador performance, scheduling and daily tasks, and evaluate performance and provide on-going feedback.
- Represent CSU-Pueblo at college fairs, high school visits, etc.
- Meet with visiting prospective students and their families, including walk-ins, as necessary.
- Provide counseling on the admissions process, discuss the benefits of an education at CSU-Pueblo and answer specific questions related to the University.
- Serve as the liaison for adult recruitment within the Office of Admissions.
- Maintain telephone, email, and written communications with prospective students, their families, high school counselors, community college advisors, college-prep organizations, and community organizations.
- Maintain strong working relationships with campus faculty and staff
- Evaluate campus visit activities and report outcomes to the Assistant Director of Admissions.
- Maintain inventory of promotional items.
- Serve in other capacities as needed by the Assistant Director of Admissions.
- Serve on various University and state-wide committees.
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Valid unrestricted driver's license
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong customer service and problem solving skills
- Willing and able to work evenings and weekends as needed
- One year of employment experience in higher education
- Experience in event planning
- Experience working with diverse populations
- Bachelor's degree in Business Marketing, Management, Mass Communications or related field
- Bilingual in Spanish & English
- Demonstrated skills in conflict management
- One year of experience in college admissions, visitor services, or related departments
- Experience in managing student employees
- Experience working with Slate Customer Relationship Management Software
All interested candidates must apply through the on-line
application system. No other format of application
materials will be accepted.
Applicants must attach the following documents, in order to be considered for this position:
- a letter of intent (cover letter);
- a current resume or CV;
- an unofficial transcript; and
- three professional references with contact information to the on-line application.
Applications submitted without the required attachments above
will be considered incomplete and will not move forward in the
selection process. Once submitted, applicants will not be able to
make changes or add information to their application packet, with
the exception of their personal contact and demographic
Early submission of application materials is encouraged. Screening of application materials will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled, though all applications received by 4 p.m. (MST) on Friday, August 14, 2020 will be given full consideration.
About Colorado State University-Pueblo
Colorado State University-Pueblo is a comprehensive state university with an enrollment of 4,000 students. CSU-Pueblo provides relevant professional coursework and superior instruction with a small professor-to-student ratio for an ever-changing global economy. Students can choose from 28 undergraduate programs with 70 fields of study in the College of Science and Mathematics, the Hasan School of Business, the College of Humanities and Social Sciences, and the College of Education, Engineering, and Professional Studies and 10 graduate programs.
CSU-Pueblo is equally committed to serving the diverse population of the region; this emphasis is reflected in the demographic characteristics of the student body. Because more than 25 percent of our students are Hispanic, the Federal Government has designated CSU-Pueblo a Hispanic Serving Institution. Besides reflecting our commitment to serve this critically important and rapidly-growing segment of the student population, that designation also allows the University to compete for certain federal grant funds to support its ability to better serve all students. The University also seeks to provide a rich and diverse cultural environment that allows freedom of expression within a spirit of civility and mutual respect. The public service expected of all members of our community benefits our society - local and global - and builds our sense of citizenship.
Among its unique features, CSU-Pueblo is one of seven schools in the nation to offer a degree in mechatronics, which combines electrical and mechanical engineering. The Hasan School of Business ranks among the top 15 percent of all business schools internationally with graduate and undergraduate programs in business administration accredited by the AACSB International Board of Directors. The College of Education, Engineering and Professional Studies houses an undergraduate engineering program that was ranked in the nation's top 100 by U.S. News and World Report. CSU-Pueblo has an ever-changing campus landscape that features a newly renovated Library, a new general academic classroom building, and a newly renovated and expanded student center.
At CSU-Pueblo, Student Life offerings have increased significantly with the transition of the campus from a commuter environment to a more traditional collegiate experience. Competing at the NCAA Division II level, CSU-Pueblo is a member of the Rocky Mountain Athletic Conference and offers 22 varsity intercollegiate sports and also has active intramural and club sports teams that allow students to get involved in campus life.
About Pueblo, Colorado
The city of Pueblo is a historically and culturally rich, diverse city of more than 100,000, located in the southern part of the state along the Arkansas River near the Wet Mountains and the majestic Sangre de Cristo range. Pueblo enjoys ideal year round climate with four distinct mild seasons, crisp mountain air and 300+ days of sunshine per year. Pueblo attracts outdoor enthusiasts to a full slate of summer and winter recreational activities, encompassing water sports at Lake Pueblo, biking or running along Pueblo's beautiful river trail system, golfing, tennis, hiking or skiing in the mountains to the west. The region is heavily agricultural, with large and small-scale farming and ranching, and a diverse mix of service, manufacturing, and technology industries.
CSU-Pueblo is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final candidates being considered for employment. Background checks may include, but are not limited to, criminal history (felony and misdemeanor), national sex offender search, and/or motor vehicle history. Candidates who are extended an offer of employment must submit to and pass a background check prior to beginning employment. Some positions depending on the job duties may be required to complete a DMV and/or credit check.
The University reserves the right to check additional references, with prior notification given to the candidate.
Note: The successful candidate must provide official transcripts of academic work completed and, under U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services regulations, be able to submit evidence of the ability to accept work in the U.S. by the day employment begins.
It is the policy of Colorado State University-Pueblo to provide reasonable accommodations for employees and applicants with disabilities. If you need accommodations, please contact the Human Resources at (719) 549-2441 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
In compliance with the Clery Act of 1990, the University's annual security report is available at: https://www.csupueblo.edu/campus-safety.
Colorado State University-Pueblo is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Additionally, the University complies with all other relevant, federal, state, and local laws regarding employment practices.