Early Childhood Liaison
The Early Childhood Liaison (ECL) will coordinate and facilitate community partnerships in Early Childhood Education in conjunction with faculty in the Early Childhood program at Northern Wyoming Community College District and Sheridan County school districts. The ECL’s fundamental goal is improving kindergarten readiness across the community. The ECL will provide outreach training to early childhood providers and preschools across Sheridan County and the surrounding area. The ECL will also provide similar trainings to parents of young children, presenting trainings where resources and support are provided for parents. The Early Childhood Liaison is a Sheridan College Coordinator and will report to the Dean of Instruction and Academic Services.
Supervisory and Management Responsibility:
- The ECL will supervise the Early Childhood Liaison Teaching Specialist
- Preferred: Master’s degree in Education with emphasis in early childhood (birth to third grade)
- Preferred: Current teaching certificate
- Experience with adult learners
- Preferred: Minimum of three years’ teaching pre-K and/or elementary (through third grade)
- Experience in a variety of pre-K curriculum
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Knowledge of student-centered learning and student engagement
- Knowledge and skills in developmentally appropriate practices
- Commitment to student success – evidence of intentional, purposeful, proactive, and collaborative student interactions
- Demonstrate ability to teach, supervise, and mentor students
- Evidence of strong interpersonal communication and leadership skills to include a visionary outlook and community engagement.
- Ability to work in a collaborative fashion with a variety of faculty and community stakeholders in an environment that values collegiality as well as diverse goals and perspectives.
- Demonstrate ability to work with a diverse population that represents a wide range of abilities and ages
- Demonstrate interest and ability to incorporate educational technology
- Knowledge of the curriculum and instruction for pre-K
- Background in Early Literacy
Working Conditions/Physical Requirements:
- Classroom setting
- Office setting
- Community-based childcare settings
This is a full-time, 10-month position.
- Employer paid retirement plan (17.37% employer paid; .75% employee paid)
- Group Health, Dental and Life Insurance, including Flex Benefits
- Nine days paid annual leave
- Four days per year paid personal leave
- Paid holidays
- Paid medical, emergency and bereavement leave
- Employee and family tuition waivers
- Free easy-access parking
- Collaborative work environment
- Onsite fitness center and walking track
- Verizon, Microsoft, Dell and HP employee discounts
- Professional development
Sheridan College is located in historic Sheridan, WY at the foot of the beautiful Big Horn Mountains, minutes away from a variety of outdoor recreational activities. Sheridan is ranked "America's Top Western Town" by True West magazine and is a vibrant community. Sheridan College is a vital component in the community.
Gillette College is located in Gillette, WY, the county seat of Campbell County. Located midway between the Big Horn Mountains to the West and the Black Hills of South Dakota to the east. Gillette is a growing, family-friendly community and enjoys a very strong economy due to energy-related industries located there.
NWCCD also includes a small campus site in Buffalo, WY.
Apply on-line at: https://jobs.sheridan.edu