Coordinator, Family Nurse Practitioner Program
Job Summary/Basic Function
The Coordinator, Family Nurse Practitioner Program will provide leadership to the MSN Nurse Practitioner program. The candidate will provide input to collaboratively develop policies that represent interests of the FNP programs and Maryville University. They will also provide direct supervision to professional and non-professional faculty and staff as required of the position.
• Oversee the FNP Nurse Practitioner concentration.
• Oversee and support students with preceptor placements, clinical site communication as needed, and supporting paperwork. Academic advising and mentoring as needed.
• Oversee, credential, and manage faculty in the FNP concentration to support excellent curriculum delivery to ensure that the educational objectives of the program are attained and aligned for preparation for certification exams.
• Develop and guide strategic plans for program growth and goals in alignment with the Catherine McCauley School of Nursing, Walker College of Health Professions, and Maryville University’s mission, vision, and values.
• Maintain relationships with internal and external constituencies including educational partners, students, serve on committees and represent the university at external functions as required. Including attending meetings as required.
• Remain committed to fostering a culturally diverse and inclusive atmosphere for faculty, staff, and students. Teaching as required per contract.
• Additional duties as assigned to meet program needs.
• MSN, nationally certified as a Nurse Practitioner
• Unencumbered RN licensure in the United States
• Minimum of five years recent clinical experience as an NP/FNP
• Prior online teaching experience
• Knowledge of online learning management system(s) and how to support students and faculty in achieving academic goals and outcomes
• Highly detail and analytical oriented
• Mentally nimble to balance multiple competing priorities.
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines
• Experience and comfortable with technology, databases, MS Office, and ability to learn other software systems
• Ability to remain calm, provide leadership and use emotional intelligence in difficult conversations
• MSN, nationally certified as a Family Nurse Practitioner
• Doctorate in Nursing or related field
• NP clinical experience across the life span in primary care, to include pediatric and OB patient populations
• Prior leadership and/or mentoring experience preferred
• Prior online teaching experience as NP/FNP
• Knowledge of preceptorships for Family Nurse Practitioner students
• Salesforce experience
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants
An offer of employment is contingent upon the successful completion of a background screening.
Applicants requiring University sponsorship to obtain employment authorization will not be considered for this position.
Maryville University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity and prohibits discrimination on the basis of age, disability, gender, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race/color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. This extends to all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruiting, hiring, training, on-the-job treatment, promotion, layoff, and termination.
Advertised: July 30, 2020
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Education Administration & Leadership Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Health & Medicine Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Nursing Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur