Social Media Coordinator - (STA006228)
Under moderate supervision, coordinates University presence on social media sites and on the web as a whole. Researches market trends and implements branding strategies through participation in online activities.
1. Assists in the research, planning and implementation of initiatives to advance the university through participation in web-based social media.
2. Serves as initial point of contact for inbound requests from online university properties and the web at large.
3. Identifies and analyzes issues, patterns and trends in customer requests and product performance. Transfers information to appropriate department so they can respond accordingly.
4. Monitors online conversations and participates in them to build brand visibility and thought leadership.
5. Authors blog posts, articles, podcasts, videos, and other content to creatively communicate university message.
6. Establishes metrics and repots on them on a monthly basis. Makes recommendations based on analysis of collected data.
7. Stays up to date on social media tools, best practices and how other organizations and companies are using new media.
8. Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Requires a thorough understanding of both theoretical and practical aspects of an analytical, technical or professional discipline; or the basic knowledge of more than one professional discipline. Knowledge of the discipline is normally obtained through a formal, directly job-related 4 year degree from a college or university or an equivalent in-depth specialized training program that is directly related to the type of work being performed. Experience: Requires a minimum of one (1) year of directly job-related experience. Certification/Licensing: None.
Additional Job Posting Information:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
1.) Experience with social media.
2.) Creating and editing video content and
3.) event coordination.
4.) Basic graphic design skills using the Adobe Suite
Notes to Applicant: The following documents are required: 1.) Cover letter delineating the manner in which your experience applies to the job posting. 2.) Resume. 3.) Complete UH application with salary history. 4.) Three work references. The hiring department expects you to name current or past supervisors. Note: We will maintain your confidentiality and notify you in advance of making contact with any of your references. References will be contacted after the interview process has been completed. Education may be counted in lieu of experience
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Houston