Full-Time Faculty Position Opening (Conducting) Department of Music, National Taiwan Normal Universi
The Music Department at the National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) invites applicants for a conductingfaculty position. This is a full-time position.
Bearing the hallmarks of tradition and innovation, NTNU has long been recognized as one of Taiwan’s elite institutions of higher education. NTNU seeks candidates who are committed to excellence and innovative teaching. Candidates who can contribute to the above goals are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
Qualifications (at least one of the following):
1) Doctoral degree in orchestral conducting
2) International conducting competition award recipients
3) Assistant professor or higher ranking
Professional Experience (at least one of the following):
1) with a minimum of three years of college teaching experience
2) with a minimum of five years of professional orchestral conducting experience
Requirements (at least one of the
1) Provide the portfolio (concert dates valid between July 30,2017 and July 29, 2020 in major arts center or concert venues.) with a minimum of 2 public orchestral performances, including copies of concert programs, video files of live performances of the conductor, and a scholarly writing (thesis) on the performance interpretation based on the repertoire from one of the above concerts.
2) Certificates of international conducting competition award recipients.
Teaching duties may include:
1) The position requires a full-time teaching load as specified by the university policy.
2) Service to the Department includes academic advising, faculty committees, faculty meetings, advancing the work of the Department, and other duties as assigned.
3)Course Teaching may include
- conducting the orchestra of the Music Department
- graduate conducting seminar/practicum/studio
- undergraduate conducting course
- individual areas of expertise
4) Other duties and responsibilities will be assigned according to the needs of the Department and the applicant’s area of expertise.
5) The position also requires supervision of graduate students’ thesis, as well as serving on the departmental, collegiate, and university committees as assigned. Proficiency in Chinese is required.
6) If employed as Assistant Professor, it is required to assist the administrative work of the music department for at least three years.
1) Cover letter
2) Curriculum vita
3) An official copy of terminal or highest-degree diploma (a foreign diploma authenticated by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office)
4) An official transcript of terminal or highest degree (a foreign diploma authenticated by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office)
5) An official copy of teaching certificate issued by the Ministry of Education, Taiwan (optional)
6) A scholarly writing (thesis) on the performance interpretation based on the repertoire from the applicant’s chosen concert(s)
7) A list of concerts with a minimum of 2 public orchestral performances, including copies of concert programs, video files of live performances of the conductor. Concert dates valid between July 30,2017 and July 29, 2020 in major arts center or concert venues.
8) Course curriculum and syllabus. Teaching experience and
9) Applicants are required to submit Form with applicant’s signature. (website:https://www.music.ntnu.edu.tw/index.php/category/uncategorized/1/)
10) Applicants advanced to the second round will be invited to an interview on campus.
All materials must be received no later than August 31, 2020.
Ms. Ya-Ting Yang
Department of Music
National Taiwan Normal University
162, Section 1, Heping E. Rd., Taipei City (zip code 106)