Full-Time Faculty Position Opening (Voice) Department of Music, National Taiwan Normal University
The Music Department at the National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) invites applicants for a voice faculty position. This is a full-time position.
NTNU seeks candidates who are committed to excellence and innovative teaching. Candidates who can contribute to the above goals are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Bearing the hallmarks of tradition and innovation, NTNU has long
been recognized as one of Taiwan’s elite institutions of higher
education. Founded in 1922, NTNU was formerly an institution
dedicated to teacher training, as suggested in the name “Normal”,
that later evolved into a comprehensive university. Established on
the credo that education is the root of our nation, NTNU has been
committed to the pursuit of academic excellence, characterized by
the many influential educators and researchers it has nurtured over
NTNU’s strong dedication in cultivating intelligent minds and transmitting knowledge with the highest level of standards, with the location of its main campus’ in the cultural hub of Taipei City, attracts thousands of talented students, and devoted scholars from home and abroad every year. NTNU offers 62 academic subjects in its nine degree-granting colleges and a spectrum of courses in seven centers, providing scholarships and financial aids. The arts and entertainment that NTNU has to offer to the city’s cultural community make college experience all the more attractive. NTNU not only boasts an active academic climate but also embraces cultural diversity. The internationally renowned Mandarin Training Center at NTNU draws around 1800 students from over 70 countries all year long with its distinguished language courses.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- The position requires a full-time teaching load as specified by
- Service to the Department includes academic advising, faculty
committees, faculty meetings, advancing the work of the Department,
and other duties as assigned.
- Course Teaching may include
- Vocal Performance (Diction, Literature, Pedagogy, etc.)
- Applied Voice
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge in the field of Applied Vocal Teaching.
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability and commitment to conduct research, as well as scholarly and creative activities and provide service to the Department as needed or assigned
- Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.
- At least one of the following:
1)Doctoral degree or equivalent in Vocal performance, Vocal Pedagogy or a related discipline.
2)Assistant professor or higher.
Application Materials and Deadline:
- Cover letter.
- Curriculum vitae.
- An official copy of terminal or highest degree diploma in Taiwan (a foreign diploma authenticated by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office).
- An official copy of teaching certificate issued by the Ministry of Education (R.O.C.) (optional)
- Course curricula and syllabi in the experience of teaching
- A minimum of two public voice performances held between July 30,2017 and July 29, 2020 in major performing arts center or concert venues. One of them must be a solo recital. The applicant’s concert portfolio must include copies of concert programs and video files of live performances of the applicant. A scholarly writing (or thesis) is also required on the interpretation of the repertoire from one of the above concerts.
- Applicants are required to submit signed Form. (the form can be downloaded from https://www.music.ntnu.edu.tw/index.php/category/uncategorized/1/)
- Applicants who advance to the second round will be invited to an interview on campus.
- For full consideration, applications and supporting materials must be received by August 31, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Ms. Ya-Ting Yang
Department of Music
National Taiwan Normal University
162, Section 1, Hoping E. Rd., Taipei City 106