Full-Time Faculty Position Opening (Piano) Department of Music, National Taiwan Normal University
The Music Department at the National Taiwan Normal University (NTNU) invites applicants for a pianofaculty position. This is a full-time position.
Bearing the hallmarks of tradition and innovation, NTNU has long been recognized as one of Taiwan’s elite institutions of higher education. NTNU seeks candidates who are committed to excellence and innovative teaching. Candidates who can contribute to the above goals are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
- The position requires a full-time teaching load as specified by university policy.
- Service to the Department includes academic advising, faculty committees, faculty meetings, advancing the work of the Department, and other duties as assigned.
- Course Teaching may include
- Piano Performance, Literature, Pedagogy, etc.
- Applied Piano
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive knowledge in the field of Applied Piano Teaching.
- Ability to effectively teach undergraduate and graduate students.
- Ability and commitment to conduct research, as well as scholarly and creative activities and provide service to the Department as needed or assigned
- Ability to work within a collaborative faculty environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written form.
- Ability to work effectively and patiently with students.
- Doctoral degree or equivalent in Piano performance, Piano Pedagogy or a related discipline.
- Previously employed as Assistant professor or higher ranking.
- Proof of minimum 3 years teaching in an accredited higher education institution.
- The applicant who can teach piano related courses may be preferred. Course syllabi, teaching experience, and research projects are needed.
Application Materials and Deadline:
- Cover letter
- Curriculum vitae
- An official copy of terminal or highest degree diploma (a foreign diploma should be authenticated by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office)
- An official transcript of terminal or highest degree (a foreign diploma should be authenticated by the Taipei Economic and Cultural Office)
- An official copy of teaching certificate issued by the Ministry of Education (R.O.C.) (optional)
- Course curricula and syllabi. Teaching experience and courses taught.
- Concert portfolio with a minimum of two public performances and at least one solo recital, including copies of concert programs, and video files of live performances of the pianist. Concert dates valid between July 30,2017 and July 29, 2020 in major arts center or concert venues. A scholarly writing (or thesis) is also required on the interpretation of the repertoire from one of the above concerts.
- Applicants are required to submit signed Form. (the form can be downloaded from https://www.music.ntnu.edu.tw/index.php/category/uncategorized/1/)
- Applicants who advance to the second round will be invited to an interview on campus.
- For full consideration, applications and supporting materials must be received by August 31, 2020. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.
Application Deadline: August 31, 2020
All materials must be received no later than August 31, 2020