Head Dining Attendant
The University of Colorado and Housing and Dining Services now encourages applications for a Head Dining Attendant! This is a hands-on working position that provides oversight and leadership in assigned dining operation to Dining Attendants. This position would, under the general supervision of the Management Team, assign and coordinate the activities of food service workers involved in set-up, food and drink service. Maintains and ensures cleanliness and accurate functionality of the following areas and associated staff: food service preparation, beverage, dish washing, dish return, courtesy stands, dining room, and common areas. Responsible for facilitating break schedules for the areas mentioned above based upon organizational needs and staff schedules, all while offering excellent customer service in a team focused and supported environment.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Who We Are
Campus Dining Services exists to provide 3.3 million meals per year for the students, staff, faculty, and guests of the university. Campus Dining Services is comprised of Residential Dining Halls, Catering and Retail outlets which operate year-round. Campus Dining leads the industry with outstanding quality food and exceptional dining experiences. We continue to expand our sustainability initiatives and reduce our carbon footprint in our daily operations, including efforts in resource recovery, conservation, and food sourcing. We are committed to providing options and information to all of our guests with dietary restrictions and allergens, including vegan, vegetarian, kosher and Halal choices, supported by a strong allergen awareness program called A9 ® Identified.
What Your Key Responsibilities Will Be
Kitchen Prep and Operation:
- Coordinate and assign food service tasks.
- Delegate and assist with the setup and breakdown of production and service areas.
- Understand and utilize a variety of equipment and service standards as appropriate.
- Follow and enforce set food safety protocol in all areas of oversight.
- Ensure cleanliness and quality of all service areas.
- Practice and ensure ServSafe principals are followed.
- Provide excellent customer service and assist customers with needs and inquires.
- Lead by example both in general work ethic and positive and productive demeanor.
- Display and demonstrate excellent communication skills.
- Follow all ParTEch and A9 labeling procedures, request labels, and recognize allergen errors.
- Fully comprehend allergen labeling protocol, including avoidance of cross contact and report concerns to the Management Team.
- Serves of the food safety response team and respond to all food safety emergencies as appropriate to the work assignment.
- If a work cell phone is provided, a response call must be within an hour of the original call and/or message.
- Train new staff members, both full time and student employees.
- Empower others to make decisions in areas within their span of control.
- Make scheduling recommendations and alert management of holes in the personnel roster as needed.
- Hold others accountable, following a structured accountability process.
- Discuss staff issues with Shift Supervisor and Lead Service Manager.
What We Can Offer
The salary for this position is $29,760 annually or approximately $14.30/hour. Our benefits include paid vacation and sick time, retirement and tuition assistance. More information can be found here: CU benefits package.
The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits , including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder .
Be Adaptable. Be Challenged. Be Boulder.
What We Require
Three years of foodservice experience.
Servsafe certified and or certificate appropriate for the position level or the ability to acquire Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level within 6 months of hire. Must possess appropriate Servsafe certification or certificate appropriate to position level for the duration of employment with CDS.
What We Would Like You To Have
- Minimum of 2 years experience supervising employees.
To apply, please submit the following materials:
1. A current resume.
2. A cover letter that specifically addresses how your background and experience align with the requirements, qualifications and responsibilities of the position.
You will not be asked to upload references at this time.
Please apply by October 20, 2020 for consideration.
Note: Application materials will not be accepted via email. For consideration, applications must be submitted through CU Boulder Jobs.
This position is designated “essential services.” The incumbent is required to respond to requests for work during campus emergencies (snow, wind, rain, flood and any other natural or man-made event) and report to work for his / her regularly assigned shift during emergency campus closures.
Posting Contact Information
Posting Contact Name: Boulder Campus Human Resources
Posting Contact Email: email@example.com
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Auxiliary Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Conference & Special Event Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder
- Food Services Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Boulder