FINANCIAL SPECIALIST, PROCUREMENT
Financial Specialist, Procurement
Arizona State University
Knowledge Enterprise is seeking a Financial Specialist. As the Financial Specialist, you will coordinate the financial functions related to the Knowledge Enterprise Procurement Team. These functions include but are not limited to processing, maintaining, monitoring, and tracking expenditures, accounts, internal controls, and other functions designated by the unit administrator. You will directly impact the University goal of increasing research expenditures through the effective processing of procurement transactions. Your position will include daily processing of payment and procurement related transactions in the ASU Financial Management System.
$40,464 - $43,000 per year; DOE
- Works closely with unit administration to coordinate financial and procurement activities to ensure adherence with unit and university policies, practices and regulations.
- Investigates financial discrepancies and works as a liaison between the unit and financial services to reach a solution.
- Reviews account expenditures in accordance with established financial guidelines and policies.
- Prepares and maintains documentation necessary for audits.
- Prepares journal entries, general ledger expense transfers, payroll redistributions, and account reconciliations. Prepares budget adjustments and amendments.
- Inputs and reviews requisitions for completeness and accuracy, identify sources, obtain quotes, negotiate price and issue purchase orders.
- Performs clerical functions with personal computers and appropriate software for various financial processes including data entry, report preparation, and other related functions.
- Maintains financial files consistent with University policies and practices.
- Participates in a variety of departmental, unit, and university-wide initiatives and meetings to represent financial interest and ensure integration/collaborative support of unit and university wide interests.
- Performs other duties as assigned to ensure continual efficient operations of department to meet customer service needs.
Bachelor's degree in a field appropriate to the area of assignment AND one (1) year of related experience; OR, Any equivalent combination of experience, and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- Procurement experience
- Experience in work that requires attention to detail
- Experience in problem solving skills
Activities are performed in an environmentally controlled office setting subject to extended periods of sitting, keyboarding, and manipulating a computer mouse (75%); required to stand for varying lengths of time and walk moderate distances to perform work (10%). Infrequent bending, reaching, lifting, pushing and pulling up to 25 pounds (5%). Regular activities require ability to quickly change priorities, which may include and/or are subject to resolution of conflicts. Ability to clearly communicate verbally, read, write, see and hear to perform essential functions; Regular use of standard office equipment including, but not limited to: computer workstation/laptop (keyboard, monitor, mouse), printer, fax, calculator, copier, telephone and associated computer/technology peripherals.
For the fifth year in a row, ASU has been named the most innovative school in the nation, recognizing the university's culture of groundbreaking research and partnerships, as well as its commitment to helping students thrive in college and beyond. U.S. News and World Report has named ASU as the most innovative university all five years the category has existed.
ASU Knowledge Enterprise advances research, innovation, strategic partnerships, entrepreneurship, and international development. Our success arises from solutions-focused, interdisciplinary research; an entrepreneurial approach that is embedded in every school and department; and a commitment to transform society in a positive way. http://research.asu.edu/
Arizona State University is a new model for American higher education, an unprecedented combination of academic excellence, entrepreneurial energy and broad access. This New American University is a single, unified institution comprising four differentiated campuses positively impacting the economic, social, cultural and environmental health of the communities it serves. Its research is inspired by real world application blurring the boundaries that traditionally separate academic disciplines. ASU serves more than 80,000 students in metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona, the nation's fifth largest city. ASU champions intellectual and cultural diversity, and welcomes students from all fifty states and more than one hundred nations across the globe.
ASU is a tobacco-free university. For details visit www.asu.edu/tobaccofree
AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Arizona State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by law.
Notice of Availability of the ASU Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
In compliance with federal law, ASU prepares an annual report on campus security and fire safety programs and resources. ASU’s Annual Security and Fire Safety Report is available online at https://www.asu.edu/police/PDFs/ASU-Clery-Report.pdf. You may request a hard copy of the report by contacting the ASU Police Department at 480-965-3456.
Relocation Assistance – For information about schools, housing child resources, neighborhoods, hospitals, community events, and taxes, visit https://cfo.asu.edu/relocation-services.
ASU conducts pre-employment screening which may include verification of work history, academic credentials, licenses, and certifications.
Fingerprint Check Statement:
This position is considered safety/security sensitive and will include a fingerprint check. Employment is contingent upon successful passing of the fingerprint check.
Instructions to Apply:
Application deadline is 3:00PM Arizona time on the date indicated.
Please include all employment information in month/year format (e.g., 6/88 to 8/94), job title, job duties and name of employer for each position.
Resume should clearly illustrate how prior knowledge and experience meets the Minimum and Desired qualifications of this position.
ASU does not pay for travel expenses associated with interviews, unless otherwise indicated.
Only electronic applications are accepted for this position.
IMPORTANT NOTE: What is the meaning of “equivalent combination” in the minimum qualifications? It means one year of higher education or 24 credit hours, is equal to one year of experience. For example, a four year Bachelor’s degree is equal to four years of experience.
To apply please go to www.asu.edu/asujobs/ see Req Id# 61879BR or go directly to: https://sjobs.brassring.com/TGnewUI/Search/home/HomeWithPreLoad?partnerid=25620&siteid=5494&PageType=JobDetails&jobid=4069057