Vice Provost for Corporate and Professional Education
Missouri University of
Science and Technology
Vice Provost for Corporate and Professional Education
Missouri University of Science and Technology (Missouri S&T) invites applications and nominations for the newly formed position of Vice Provost for Corporate and Professional Education (VP CPE). Reporting to the Provost, and in coordination with the Chancellor, the VP CPE will cultivate, promote and execute educational programs in strong collaboration with the Missouri S&T community and the many industry partners within Missouri and beyond. In this role the VP CPE will have the opportunity to partner closely with Deans, Department Chairs, and faculty to provide flexible learning programs to companies and other external partners, leveraging the expertise and talent of the university to significantly enhance existing STEM, business, and educational degrees and professional certificates on campus, on-site, hybrid or online.
About the Missouri S&T:
Located in Rolla, Missouri, and founded in 1870, Missouri S&T is one of the nation’s top technological research universities and one of the four campuses of the University of Missouri System. Missouri S&T is a public university with two academic colleges, the College of the Arts, Sciences, and Business and the College of Engineering and Computing. The University offers quality educational opportunities, with nearly 100 degree programs in engineering, science, computing and technology, business, social sciences, humanities, and liberal arts. Together, the colleges are home to almost 400 titled faculty, in addition to part-time faculty. Missouri S&T has total student enrollment of approximately 8,100, with graduate student enrollment of approximately 1,600. There are approximately 660 doctoral students pursuing one of 21 programs offered in STEM fields, and over 1,000 students enrolled in graduate programs serving working professionals. Missouri S&T degrees yield among the nation’s very highest return on investment in terms of career earnings and employment by major international corporations. Additionally, these corporate partners contribute significantly to Missouri S&T’s research enterprise, having funded roughly one-third of the university’s $31M in research expenditures in FY2019.
The VP CPE will drive strategic and operational efforts to position Missouri S&T as a premier provider for continuing and professional education to the public and private sectors, including governmental and military organizations. Serving the institution as a highly approachable and creative leader the VP CPE will build a new unit to deliver highest quality educational programs to an evolving learning and professional development market. Working closely with corporate employers this unit will cater to specific industry needs with customized programs and tailored professional certificates. Missouri S&T is looking for an innovative thinker to lead and create significant new revenue opportunities and leverage external business relationships.
The duties and responsibilities of the future VP CPE include, but are not limited to the following:
- Relationship management with constituents of the public sector, including federal, state and local government, the private sector, university administrators, faculty, and staff
- Develop and execute an innovative and entrepreneurial business plan to expand Missouri S&T’s portfolio of customized educational services and professional programs for regional business, industry, government and more
- Lead educational efforts for online, hybrid, on-site and industry partnership programs for professionals seeking technical degrees to advance the institution’s position as the major player in the region’s workforce development needs
- Providing a strong strategic vision, sales prospecting and growth campaigns, resource management, and quality program delivery for meeting targeted goals to generate forecast revenue for predicted profitability
- Engage with the Deans and Department Chairs to foster cross-unit collaboration in program development and attainment of learning outcomes
- Cooperate with marketing and communication to develop and implement the marketing plans to support the mission of the institution
- Collaborate with constituents in admissions, academic affairs, student services, instructional design, instructional technology, multimedia, and institutional research
- Oversee recruitment and professional development efforts of highly qualified adjunct faculty
- Lead division's alternative credentials efforts, corporate training, and executive education
- An earned PhD from an accredited university
- An entrepreneurial mindset paired with exceptional networking skills and the capability to communicate credibly with corporate executives at the highest levels, as well other key stakeholders, including military personnel
- Extensive background in spearheading professional and continuing education product design and delivery techniques, paired with a robust understanding of market trends in corporate and professional postsecondary education
- Strong organizational and presentation skills as well as the acumen for driving sales, and revenue/financial forecasting
- Proven skills to successfully build, lead, and provide direction to a highly productive and diverse team in a fast-paced, high-growth business environment committed to exceptional quality
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Capability to travel within the state of Missouri and beyond
- An earned graduate degree from an accredited university
- A scholarly record of accomplishments that merit an academic appointment is desired
All inquiries, nominations, and applications should be directed to:
University of Missouri System
Executive Recruitment Team / Office of Human Resources
c/o Anna Wiedermann, Senior Recruitment Consultant (email@example.com).
For full consideration, applicant materials (cover letter/CV/list of professional references) should be received by September 7th 2020. Candidates will be notified before references are contacted.
The successful candidate for this position will be expected to build strong partnerships and relationships with industry leaders across the state, region, and beyond. Therefore the institution is open to considering candidates whom wish to reside anywhere in the state of Missouri.
The University of Missouri is fully committed to achieving the goal of a diverse and inclusive that embraces diverse experiences, backgrounds and perspectives with an unabiding commitment to freedom of expression. We seek individuals who are committed to this goal and our core campus values of respect, responsibility, discovery and excellence.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Rolla
- Academic Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Rolla
- Academic Administration Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Rolla
- Executive Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Rolla
- Provosts Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Rolla