Area: School of Business
- General Function
Missouri Baptist University seeks to hire a part-time Office Coordinator for the School of Business. The position will be for five days per week and twenty-nine hours per week. Under the direct supervision of the Dean of the School of Business, the Office Coordinator for the School of Business is responsible for the duties necessary for the efficient operation of the School of Business. This position requires a collaborative working relationship with the Dean. In addition, the position requires a self-motivated individual with the ability to maintain confidentiality, who pays attention to detail, and possesses excellent organizational and time management skills. The candidate must be proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
General Support Duties:
- Provides reception services, answers the phone, periodically makes meeting arrangements, maintains office supplies, maintains and researches files and records, prepares reports, takes dictation, coordinates in person, Zoom, and or Microsoft Office Team meetings, takes thorough notes at meetings and types minutes and other documents as requested. Maintains an organized and clean workspace. Maintains School of Business equipment, resources, and records, keeping them secure and private. Assists in vendor relationship management. Maintains confidentiality of all School of Business information, meetings, and conversations.
- Periodically prepares faculty overload and or stipend contracts.
- Maintains compliance with all University and Staff employee policies. See the “Personnel Handbook” and University “Policy and Procedures Manual” in the MyMBU Access Faculty/Staff Portal in the Faculty /Staff Resources.
- Remains competent and current in the skills and knowledge for effective performance of responsibilities by attending training as needed.
- Supports the School of Business by performing all other duties as assigned by the Dean.
Faculty Support Duties:
- Assists faculty by answering questions, providing information, locating desired information and materials, typing, collating, or otherwise assisting in test preparation, PowerPoint preparation, preparing and/or proofreading manuscripts, correspondence, and other material, order desk copies of textbooks from the publisher sent directly to the home address of adjunct faculty not teaching on the main campus, making travel arrangements, and preparing expense reports as directed.
- Coordinates with faculty to obtain publisher textbook and instructor resources access, as well as general information as needed.
- Collects the syllabi for all courses from the Program Lead Faculty (PLF) by end of the second week of each eight-week term. Once all syllabi have been received, post the syllabi in the designated Provost Office file.
- Periodically checks for updated textbook editions and reports to the PLF responsible for the related course(s). Maintains up-to-date Master Book List excel file with the approved texts provided by the PLF.
- Periodically updates the School of Business-related website, university catalog sections, and databases as directed by the Dean.
- Routinely assists Program Lead Faculty with their responsibilities.
Student Support Duties:
- Assists students by providing information or determining who can best provide information needed by the student, provides basic and initial assistance to students with questions about classes, registration, permissions, etc. using established University and School of Business policies and procedures.
- Periodically provides program academic advising to assigned students in the School of Business. Attends all Academic Success Center registration events in the Academic Success Center, advising and registering business majors who attend.
- Communicates job and internship opportunities as directed and in coordination with the Career and Alumni Engagement Office.
Social Media Support:
- Provides social media platform communication development and management (School of Business Facebook currently. Instagram and Twitter may be added in future.) Submits on Monday of each week a School of Business Facebook draft post for the Dean’s approval.
- Posts event announcements on Facebook for School of Business guest speakers and business major organizations, such as the Accounting Club or special business class activities.
School of Business Event Support:
- Organizes and conducts School of Business events and promotional displays and materials, as directed. May require, but is not limited to, the following: securing space, equipment, food, preparing invitations, announcements, agendas, brochures, purchasing awards or prizes, making travel arrangements and reservations, and attending and assisting with the events as they occur.
- Periodically submits an MBU University Communications Help Desk ticket to have events announced through the University EBB communication system or to have a brochure created by the communications department. Be sure to submit requests a month or more in advance to insure timely completion.
- Provides complete clean-up after each event and makes all the necessary returns of equipment, furniture, and any other items. Restores the venue site to University’s desired state of cleanliness and organization.
- The Office Coordinator for the School of Business reports to and is accountable to the Dean of the School of Business.
- Maintains an open relationships and coordinates, as needed, with various University offices and personnel. These offices include, but are not limited to, School of Business faculty, Provost’s Office, Records Office, and Academic Success Center.
- Performance Measurement Criteria
- After a ninety-day probation period, the Dean of the School of Business conducts a written and oral evaluation. The Dean of the School of Business conducts an annual written and oral evaluation of the Office Coordinator for the School of Business based on the position description, training manual, and the University performance evaluation form.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Education and Experience
Provide official transcript of undergraduate Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Arts degree in a business major. Three or more years of experience as a coordinator or assistant to an upper level administrator. Knowledge of accounting principles and office management systems and procedures. Experience with social media strategy, writing, and management; and Microsoft Office Specialist certification or similar certification preferred. Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Personal Attributes
Professional dress and appearance. An attitude of cooperation and conscientiousness. Must be highly motivated, able to self-direct, and detail oriented.
- Spiritual Attributes
Must have a commitment to evangelical Christian faith, current activity as a church member, and provide a Statement of Faith.
- Physical Effort and Work Environment:
The job requires extensive sitting and keyboarding. The ability to bend, stoop, reach, stand, and or move from one area to another or one building to another on a regular basis is required. Manual and physical dexterity needed to operate a keyboard and handle paper documents is required. The ability to lift and carry a stack of forms, documents, and/or textbooks up to 25 pounds at a time (or rearrange furniture) is required.
- Hourly, Non-Exempt part-time.
To apply and be considered for this position, all the following information must be included:
- Cover letter summarizing your qualifications
- Official transcript(s) sent from all degree conferring institution(s)
- Three professional references with their current contact
information including the following:
a. Telephone number
b. E-mail address
c. Mailing address
- Statement of Faith
Submit all of the required materials in attached Microsoft Word or PDF files, via a single e-mail to Karen Kannenberg at Karen.Kannenberg@mobap.edu . No phone calls please.
Missouri Baptist University is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for the position applied for without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, disability, marital status, or military/veteran status. We welcome and encourage applications from minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities (including disabled veterans) .
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Business Administration Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur
- Other Business & Management Not specified Full Time jobs in Creve Coeur