Assistant Director, John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship
The Assistant Director, John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship will have a range of responsibilities related to advancing the teaching, research, and service activities in the John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship. In addition, the position may assist with functions and events that involve all four of the Altman Institute’s entrepreneurship tracks: Startup and Venture Capital, Social Entrepreneurship and Impact Investing, Corporate Innovation and Technology Commercialization, and Creativity. Activities that cross all four entrepreneurship tracks include curriculum design and development, student recruiting/retention, student internships, marketing/communication programs (i.e., social media management, newsletter production, and annual report prep), rankings survey completion, and success measurement collection.
This role will perform duties such as:
- Developing new programmatic activities
- Building further on existing programmatic activities such as lecture series and workshops
- Increasing engagement with Miami alumni founders, funders and advisors of organizations
- Coaching and advising students and/or student-led ventures
- Assisting in research activities
- Assisting with activities related to financial matters (invoicing, collecting, reimbursement) of the Altman Institute and for financial matters related to developing and executing grants
- Pursuing external funding through grant writing
- Assisting with external communications; Developing activities in entrepreneurship including seminars, internships, and course projects
- Assisting with activities for the John W. Altman Institute for Entrepreneurship
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in business or related field
- Experience and understanding of entrepreneurship (as demonstrated by coursework or professional experience)
- Excellent written and oral presentation skills
- Willingness to work irregular hours including evenings and weekends
- Ability to adapt within entrepreneurial innovation and/or creativity environment
- Willingness to travel
This position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Considerations will be given to candidates with the following qualifications:
- B.A. or advanced degree in related field
- At least 5 years of experience in business or related field
- Experience with startups, venture capital, social entrepreneurship, impact investing, corporate innovation, or creativity in the entrepreneurial ecosystem
- Experience developing and promoting new programs or events
- Scholarly research experience.
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/496851?l ApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries may be directed to Brett Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org. Screening of applications will begin August 7, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Business & Administrative Support Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford
- Other Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Oxford