Director of Strategic Digital Marketing and Communication
The Office of the Provost at Miami University seeks a Director of Strategic Digital Marketing and Communication who will lead digital communications and marketing efforts for strategic academic initiatives and programs, including professional master’s and online programs.
The director will raise the visibility of strategic initiatives, including online programs, graduate programs and other learning opportunities and assist in achieving enrollment targets and other metrics by developing and executing strategies that integrate best practices in email marketing, user experience, search engine optimization, analytics tracking and reporting, copywriting for the web, social media marketing and paid ads for search and social media. Collaborating with the academic leaders, departments, divisions and other offices as well as communications staff across the University, this role builds and executes strategies to connect educational content from Miami University to relevant audiences around the world and drive enrollment for Miami’s high priority programs.
Duties will include but are not limited to:
- Course branding and promotion
- Website strategy, including ongoing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - and User Experience (UX)focused design and development
- Email marketing strategy and execution
- Social media and video marketing
- Lead generation and management of end-to-end customer acquisition funnel
- Support paid marketing efforts
- Analytics implementation and dashboard building
- Competitive landscape research and market research based on search volume to assist product managers
- Support the broader, University-wide effort to promote non-degree programs
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, journalism, or a related field.
- Minimum of 8 years of progressive digital marketing and communications experience.
- Strong project management skills in a deadline-driven environment with competing priorities
- Knowledge and familiarity with all a variety of existing and emerging advertising and communications opportunities across web, email, and social media platforms (including
- analytics-driven content development, maintenance, and management).
- Experience using marketing automation software to nurture prospects through the marketing funnel from initial interest to enrollment.
- Experience using web content management systems to create, edit and optimize web marketing and product content.
- Demonstrated writing skills, including the ability to communicate about a variety of subjects to diverse audiences on multiple platforms, including search-optimized titles and copy for course descriptions.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to interact with and influence diverse, high-level stakeholders.
- Experience in higher education a plus.
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Creativity in finding new and innovative ways to think about marketing and communications for different constituents.
Position is not eligible for H-1B sponsorship.
Submit cover letter and curriculum vitae to http://jobs.miamioh.edu/cw/en-us/job/496876?lApplicationSubSourceID=. Inquiries may be directed to Ruth Groom at firstname.lastname@example.org Screening of applications will begin August 7, 2020 and continue until the position is filled.
Miami University, an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, encourages applications from minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities. Miami University prohibits harassment, discrimination and retaliation on the basis of age (40 years or older), color, disability, gender identity or expression, genetic information, military status, national origin (ancestry), pregnancy, race, religion, sex/gender, status as a parent or foster parent, sexual orientation, or protected veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, facilities, programs or employment practices. Requests for reasonable accommodations for disabilities related to employment should be directed to ADAFacultyStaff@MiamiOH.edu or 513-529-3560.
As part of the University’s commitment to maintaining a healthy and safe living, learning, and working environment, we encourage you to read Miami University’s Annual Security & Fire Safety Report at: http://www.MiamiOH.edu/campus-safety/annual-report/index.html, which contains information about campus safety, crime statistics, and our drug and alcohol abuse and prevention program designed to prevent the unlawful possession, use, and distribution of drugs and alcohol on campus and at university events and activities. This report also contains information on programs and policies designed to prevent and address sexual violence, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking. Each year, email notification of this website is made to all faculty, staff, and enrolled students. Written notification is also provided to prospective students and employees. Hard copies of the Annual Security & Fire Safety Report may be obtained from the Miami University Police Department at (513) 529-2223. A criminal background check is required. All campuses are smoke- and tobacco-free.