Job ID: 219735
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
The Out-of-State Admissions Counselor plans and carries out the recruitment and counseling of prospective students. They serve as an official representative of Georgia Southern University at college fairs, high school visits, and other recruitment activities within an assigned territory.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Assist with marketing activities, applicant file evaluation and a variety of other recruitment-related activities
- Provide information concerning all aspects of the University to prospective students and their families
- Travel extensively (including overnight, week-long trips) to attend and present at college fairs, high schools, admission events and other community events to recruit Border State students for Georgia Southern University
- Cover college fairs and other recruitment events in the other territories, as needed
- Plan strategic recruitment initiatives to meet enrollment goals for a set population or territory
- Encourage, promote, and maintain working relations with school counselors and other educators
- Maintain regular correspondence with prospective students by telephone, email, and handwritten letters
- Promote scholarship opportunities offered from the Office of Admissions to eligible students
- Work closely with co-workers to meet enrollment goals for assigned territory and new students overall
- Bachelor's degree
- One or more years of related work experience
- Experience in college admissions or enrollment office
- Ability to assess student academic standing and extracurricular activities, and provide information on university programs, majors, admissions requirements and processes, and scholarship and financial aid resources
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Ability to work independently from remote locations
- Public speaking expertise
- Knowledge about resources and ability to communicate information clearly to students and parents
- Ability to multi-task and stay organized
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Ability to work well in a diverse environment
- Proficiency with computers and Microsoft Office applications
- Understanding of procedures and willingness to follow University policies to meet institutional goals
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and human relations skills
Apply Before Date
August 18, 2020
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at email@example.com.
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Valid driver's license with eligiblity to drive a university vehicle
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed remotely
- Workweek may often extend beyond 40 hours to evenings and weekends
- Extensive recruitment travel required
- Occasional travel required between campuses for training and other important events
- Ability to drive university vehicle
Standard and Education
3900711100 Office of Admissions
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=219735&PostingSeq=1