Adjunct - Art Studio Instructor
$48.96/hour for lecture and $32.63/hour for
Visual & Performing Arts
Job Summary/Basic Function:
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on an as needed
basis. These positions are filled prior to or during the start of
each semester and are contingent upon the needs of the
Lee College accepts application materials for adjunct employment on
a continuing basis throughout the year from qualified applicants
willing to teach on a part-time basis.
Academic departments will contact potential applicants when there
are available openings.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teach freshman and sophomore level Art Studio
- Qualified applicants must be committed to student learning,
integrating technology into the curriculum, and encouraging engaged
- Maintain accurate student accounting records in compliance with
Lee College requirements.
- Submit required student reports to the Admissions & Records
Office according to schedule.
- Direct and evaluate the learning experience of the students in
accordance with adopted curricula and approved
- Teach assigned classes in keeping with approved syllabi,
outlines, and instructional materials.
- Provide counsel/guidance to students when there is a
- Faculty members may be required to teach evening, summer,
online, hybrid, dual enrollment, and/or weekend classes.
Additional duties and responsibilities may include, but are not
- Perform other duties as assigned.
College benefits do not accrue with this part-time position. This
is a security sensitive position.
Lee College does not discriminate on the basis of gender,
disability, race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran
Qualified candidates must have a Master’s (or higher) degree in the
teaching field, or a Master’s (or higher) degree with 18 graduate
hours in the teaching field.
- Master’s (or higher) degree in Studio Arts
- Prior online teaching experience and certification
- Blackboard Learning Management System experience
Main Campus - Baytown, TX
If other, provide location:
Open Until Filled:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
This position requires applicants to attach the following
documents: resume, cover letter, teaching philosophy, and copies
of transcripts for all completed college credit courses.
(Official transcripts required upon employment.)
In addition, applicants must include a minimum of three (3)
professional references on the online application.
Please do not mail, email, fax, or deliver any documents outside of
the electronic application process.
To apply, visit https://jobs.lee.edu/postings/6666
Lee College is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer,
which encourages applications from qualified females, minority
groups, veterans, and disabled individuals. It is the policy of Lee
College to fully comply with the equal opportunity provisions of
all applicable regulations and not to discriminate against any
employee or applicant for employment because of gender, disability,
race, color, age, religion, national origin, or veteran status in
areas such as recruitment, selections, training, promotion,
demotion, layoffs, terminations, rates of pay, or any other forms
of compensation or benefits.