Executive Director Online Learning
The University of Tulsa seeks an Executive Director of Online Learning to lead the continued expansion of online courses and programs. This senior position requires an innovative leader experienced with the many forms of technology-enhanced learning and the infrastructure and business models online programs require. Working in collaboration with faculty and university leadership this is an opportunity to define the role of online learning in the future of the University and create the means to support its growth. In doing so, the successful applicant will creatively grow revenues and profitability, improve academic quality, and meet market demands. Reporting to the Vice Provost for Academic Initiatives and Faculty Affairs the Executive Director will work closely with top academic leadership including the Deans, Faculty and Vice Presidents and other stakeholders in the strategic planning, marketing, branding, and budgeting of new online degree and non-degree programs and courses.
Online Learning at The University of Tulsa
The University of Tulsa desires to bring focused leadership to existing online learning options to promote its unique academic programs, diversify enrollment, increase tuition revenue and expand geographic reach. The University currently offers online programs with Masters in Cybersecurity, and Masters in Energy Business. Several programs are also delivered in a hybrid format and the University has a growing number of individual online courses.
This position will help define how online education contributes to the future of a leading University. While the Executive Director must oversee the existing Online Program Management (OPM) partnership with Noodle to elevate existing programs and capitalize on immediate opportunities, this is a unique opportunity to build long-term strategy and organizational capacity. The successful candidate, working in collaboration with University Deans and faculty, academic and administrative leadership, will:
- Build awareness of successful models of fully and partially online learning programs and courses
- Identify the market opportunities that warrant investment in new online programs.
- Create a vision, strategy and underlying business plan for online education through active consultation with faculty, deans and other stakeholders.
- Coordinate the development and delivery of online education services and the processes necessary to support to new and existing academic programs including information systems, instructional technologies, the library, admissions, and student support services.
- Define support models for faculty and enhance instructional design and course development expertise for online programs.
- Leverage knowledge of market, research, and trends to develop marketing and branding strategies for online programs and evaluate the feasibility of new initiatives.
- Create planning processes to identify emerging opportunities, evaluate their potential and recommend priorities for investment.
- Establish external relationships with a wide variety of online learning support resources (OPM, vendors, consultants, etc.) in order to extend internal resources and capabilities.
- Educate university units on the options for identifying and implementing vital new programs, as well as managing budget, recruitment, marketing, and admissions activities in support of online enrollment goals.
- Strategically expand The University of Tulsa marketing reach, and overall impact of the university’s online initiatives.
- Lead the university in positioning The University of Tulsa as a school with a high quality, scalable, and financially sustainable online portfolio that leverages the unique strengths of the University.
- Execute initiatives related to building strategic partnerships, identifying and implementing new programs, and managing the budget, recruitment, marketing, and admissions in support of online and off-campus program enrollment goals
Qualifications and Experiences
An advanced degree and teaching experience is required. Competitive candidates will have 5 + years of progressive responsibility related to the design, development, implementation and management of hybrid and fully online courses or programs in higher education, media development, marketing, enrollment services or budget/finance. Prior experience in institutions similar to The University of Tulsa (in size, complexity, tuition-dependence and mission) is a plus.
Successful candidates will also have many of the following experiences:
- Developed and implemented strategic plans for a school, program or department.
- Led or played a substantial role in the development of online education strategies aligned with institutional mission and identity.
- Played a substantial role in the development of online programs including identifying market opportunities, delivering course development support services, and planning marketing and enrollment strategies.
- Management experience in two or more areas in a university or business setting related to instructional design, online program management, media development, learning technology, marketing, enrollment services and/or business/finance.
- Demonstrated understanding of successful models of online and hybrid learning.
- Built consensus across diverse stakeholder groups for a strategic direction or complex decision.
- Developed financial plans and business models for entrepreneurial educational ventures, including online programs.
- Managed substantial teams or organizations and demonstrated history of delivering quality services.
- Demonstrated knowledge and ability to work successfully with vendors and navigate regulatory environments.
- Developed engaging experiences for students from recruitment to program completion.
- Participated personally in developing an online course or teaching online.
Candidates should have many of the following attributes:
- Ability to work with diverse constituencies collaboratively so as to create credibility and trust;
- A leadership and management style and service orientation that encourages initiative, transparency and accountability;
- Ability to communicate effectively with all key constituents (students, faculty, staff, administrators);
- Curiosity and willingness to learn about and embrace different viewpoints and perspectives;
- Excellent listening, inquiry and follow-up skills; patience and ability to mediate differences;
- Ability to inspire and influence others to support a comprehensive mission/vision;
- Outstanding presentation skills across various audiences – from Trustees and Executive Leadership to faculty and students;
- Commitment to the highest standards of integrity and ethical values in all matters.
Applications and Inquiries
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Tulsa@itleadersearch.com. Confidential inquiries and nominations may be directed to search consultants. Mary Beth Baker – firstname.lastname@example.org or Phil Goldstein email@example.com. Salary will be competitive and commensurate with experience.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tulsa
- Academic Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tulsa
- Academic Administration Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tulsa
- Adult & Continuing Education Programs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tulsa
- Curriculum & Instructional Development Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Tulsa