Manager IT Service Management Office
Job ID: 38919
Location: Evanston, Illinois
Department: IT Technology Support Svcs
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead IT service improvement at an elite institution of higher learning? Here in the Technology Support Services unit of Northwestern IT, we're looking for a hardworking leader and great people manager who can collaborate through various levels of the organization to help our teams better meet our customers' needs.
In addition to joining a collaborative and hard-working team that values strong relationships, Northwestern employees take advantage of excellent healthcare and retirement benefits as well as generous paid time off.
The Manager, IT Service Management leads a 5-person team in the design, implementation, review, and improvement of IT Service Management (ITSM) processes and technology.
This hands-on leader will own both operational and strategic ITSM efforts. Day-to-day, this includes responsibility for the successful operation of our service management tools, leadership of the integration and automation of service fulfillment processes, and shared ITSM process ownership and operation. Along with its team, this role provides management and IT senior leadership with meaningful insights and the supporting data to guide improvements to Northwestern IT services. Strategically, this position is responsible for the development and implementation of the ITSM roadmap, leadership of ITSM governance groups, mentorship and collaboration with other process owners, and recommendations on overall ITSM design & implementation.
** Must be available for after-hours support and weekend on-call support as needed.
- Coordinate the evaluation, deployment, and management of current and future service management efforts
- Advocate for good ITSM practices and act as a resource to staff and leadership in central IT and in distributed IT units
- Collaborate with other groups to develop and maintain a service management roadmap
- Develop and communicate business/technology alignment plans to IT management team, peers, partners, and customers via multiple channels
- Champion the use of unified ITSM tools across campus including design, testing, and process implementation
- Manage the budget and accounts for the Service Management function and associated platforms
- Develop and grow the ITSM team: be a magnet for talent and encourage staff growth
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related information technology field.
- Five years of related and progressively more responsible or expansive work experience in an information technology area related to the duties to be performed, including experience overseeing large teams, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Proven success engaging partners and leading projects to completion.
- Experience managing large, diverse teams.
- Experience in building high performing teams.
Preferred Qualifications: (Education and experience)
- Advance degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business or a related information technology field.
- Proven equivalent experience at a large educational research institution.
- Five or more years of management experience leading a team that delivers IT support to a diverse group of customers that includes executives.
- Knowledge of ITIL® V3 Service Operations; ITIL V3 Foundations Certification.
- Vendor management experience.
To view the job posting and/or apply for the job, click
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evanston
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evanston
- Computer Services & Information Technology Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evanston
- Chief Technology & Information Officers Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Evanston