Stationary Engineer, 1st Class
Operates and maintains stationary engines and equipment such as steam engines, boilers, air compressors, generators, turbines, and refrigeration equipment at the Central Plant.
- Conducts routine rounds of buildings to inspect engines and equipment.
- Maintains Central Plant and ensures that it is neat and clean.
- Responds to after-hours emergencies at Baylor.
- Performs first echelon cleaning, repair and maintenance of furnaces and boilers.
- Reads meters and gauges or automatic recording devices at specified intervals to verify operating conditions.
- Performs inspection of equipment to detect routine malfunctions or need for repair, adjustment or lubrication.
- Operates and maintains tools and equipment of the trade. Cleans work area upon completion of assignment.
- Reports to supervisors any developments that appear to lead to an unsafe operating condition.
- High School diploma or GED with additional technical training.
- Five years of relevant experience.
- First Grade Stationary Engineers license from the City of Houston.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.