Adjunct Faculty Credit - Fashion Design
Starting Pay Rate : Per Adjunct Faculty Pay Scale
Schedule Information : Days/evenings/weekends depending upon course schedule
***This posting will be used to obtain a pool of qualified candidates for the above subjects. As teaching needs arise, these applications will be reviewed for possible interviews***
The number of adjunct instructors hired varies from semester to semester, depending upon the needs of the department. Your application can remain "Under Review by Committee" for 18 months. You may check your status at any time by logging into jobs.harpercollege.edu with your username and password.
Job Description : Teaching responsibilities include writing syllabi, preparing for and delivering classroom instruction; maintaining and improving competence in subjects being taught; preparing course materials; conferring with students on course materials; grading course work; written examinations and project assignments; evaluating presentations/displays/portfolio, and submitting final grades in a timely manner.
Candidates must possess the ability to teach a range of courses from basic through advanced pattern drafting, draping, and construction of garments. Experience in Accumark Gerber CAD pattern making is extremely desirable.
The potential candidate should have knowledge in the following areas:
- fashion design, fit, and technical sewing specifications;
- garment construction and design;
- technical fashion design and computer patternmaking;
- sewing assembly methods, pattern making skills, and knowledge of industrial sewing equipment;
Education Requirements : Bachelors degree and/or 10 years industry experience in subject.
Experience Requirements : Candidates are expected to have at least three years of experience working in the fashion industry as well as a solid, broad, multi-disciplinary professional network. While a bachelor’s degree is required in Apparel or Fashion Design (or a related field), equivalent professional experience may also be considered.
Required Documents : ***A resume and cover letter are required to complete the application process***
* Official transcripts required upon hire
* Employment is contingent upon Criminal Background Check.
* Employment sponsorship is not available.
Applicable Benefits : We offer a competitive, semester by semester adjunct pay, with Harper tuition waivers, sick/personal business leave, and a comprehensive Adjunct Faculty Professional Development Program.
Advertised: July 24, 2020 Central Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Design & Graphic Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Other Arts Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Hoffman Estates
- Professional Fields Adjunct Not specified Part Time jobs in Hoffman Estates