Facilities Associate, UM Housing
The UM Housing department invites applications for four (4) Facilities Associate positions . The Facilities Associate within UM Housing is an entry level position that performs beginning to intermediate routine custodial duties, including, but not limited to, sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, floor stripping and refinishing, trash removal, and sanitizing. This position also performs general maintenance, including, but not limited to, changing light bulbs and filters and supplying paper products and soap.
Individuals selected for this position will be expected to provide direct customer service to members of the campus and to the community at large; build and maintain a work atmosphere of trust and respect by establishing open communication among team members; recognizing the value of individual differences at all levels of the organization; taking steps to prevent destructive conflict and handling conflict in an appropriate manner; listening and responding appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of all individuals; and providing support and assistance to team members.
This position on occasion provides supervision to 1-6 student custodians who are hired during summer & winter breaks to help with the cleaning of our facilities. This position will provide leadership to the temporary student custodians by offering support, organization, and guidance.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and maintain a safe work environment
- Ability to effectively work in a team environment; create and maintain a work atmosphere of trust and respect with all team members
- Ability to work effectively with a diverse population
- Ability to exercise leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to read instructions, safety information, policies and procedures, and write
- Demonstrated skill in customer service orientation
- Demonstrated interpersonal, listening, and oral communication skills
- Ability to be organized and effectively manage time
(Qualified candidates must be able to meet minimum requirements and perform the primary functions of the position with or without reasonable accommodation.)
- Lifting: Floor to 30 inches, 50 lbs. Floor to 60 inches, 35 lbs. Floor to 72 inches, 20 lbs. Floor to overhead, 5 lbs sustained, with both hands. (Lifting buffer, Floor to 30”, 70 lbs optional.)
- Carrying: 2 handed front carry 35 lbs for 50 feet. One or 2 handed carry of 40 lbs up and down stairs. (Carrying buffer up stairs, 70 lbs optional.)
- Pushing and pulling forces required (handling linen cart 45 lbs, during the use of cleaning equipment 25 lbs, handling janitor’s cart 5 lbs).
- Pushing and pulling forces required (handling, pushing and pulling classroom and office furniture, file cabinets, and equipment): 30 lbs sustained at waist level (60 lbs peak)
- Static trunk forward bending and twisting from a standing, crouching or kneeling position while using tools.
- Reaching with your arms in all directions, including overhead with 5 lbs in both hands, sustained.
- Working overhead (sustained) from various positions (standing, squatting, and kneeling).
- Occasional climbing of stairs, carrying cleaning supplies and equipment, weighing up to 40 lbs.
- Balancing when climbing and working on a ladder.
- Use of various hand grip circumferences and firm hand grip positions while manipulating various tools and equipment (maximum 50 lbs).
- Driving 15-person van.
Physical Screen will be administered prior to a final offer of employment .
Minimum Required Experience
- High School diploma and one (1) year of relevant experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience
About UM Housing, UM , and Missoula
Residence Life provides safe, clean, healthy, and affordable living and learning facilities that fosters an inclusive community living environment for students, staff, faculty, and guests. The Residence Life Office manages three areas, Residence Halls, Lewis and Clark Village, and University Villages, which provides a variety of housing options for single students, students with dependents, and University guests. Services provided in these facilities support and nurture educational experiences and personal development at the University of Montana.
The University of Montana provides a culture that values hard work, intellectual curiosity, diversity, collegiality, innovative thinking, and teamwork, making it a great place to grow and develop professionally. The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its essential values of innovation and creativity, impact, openness, and partnership.
The University of Montana is a unit of the Montana University System with over 10,000 students. It is located in Missoula, a culturally vibrant community of about 72,000, surrounded by mountain grandeur which was recently ranked in the “ top 20 best college towns with a population of less than 250,000 ” by the American Institute for Economic Research and ranked 9th in Outside Magazine’s “ The 16 Greatest Places to Live in America” in 2014 . Many national publications recognize Missoula for its high quality of life . Abundant recreational opportunities in surrounding state and national forests and nearby Glacier National Park and Yellowstone National Park complement a thriving intellectual atmosphere. The University of Montana offers eligible employees a generous benefits package that positively separates UM from other local employers and offers many programs and policies to support work-life balance for its employees.
The University of Montana is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer and has a strong institutional commitment to the principle of diversity in all areas. In that spirit, we are particularly interested in receiving applications from a broad spectrum of qualified people who would assist the University in demonstrating its five priorities for action : Place student success at the center of all we do; drive excellence and innovation in teaching, learning, and research; embody the principle of “mission first, people always"; partner with place; and proudly tell the UM story.
To learn more about the University of Montana, Missoula, and the State of Montana, please visit the links below.
- University of Montana
- City of Missoula
- The State of Montana
Position Title: Facilities Assoc
Position Number: 105050; 105120; 105520; 107510
Department: UM Housing
Work Schedule: Full-time, 1.0 FTE (40 Hours a week), Monday through Friday 7:30 am to 4:00 pm (Summer Break), Will work weekends with 2 consecutive weekdays off throughout the school year and winter break, 12 months/year, position requires an alternative work schedule.
Salary: $13.686/hr –Current employee’s rate of pay for this position will be determined by the staff compensation plan and will minimally be this posted salary. For questions and details regarding the staff compensation plan, email the Compensation Department .
Union Affiliation: FOCUS-MFPE
Probationary Period: Six months minimum
Benefits Include : Insurance package, mandatory retirement plan, partial tuition waiver, and wellness program.
Criminal Background Investigation is required prior to the Offer of Employment In accordance with University regulations, finalists for this position will be subject to criminal background investigations. ADA/EOE/AA/Veteran's Preference Reasonable accommodations are provided in the hiring process for persons with disabilities. For example, this material is available in alternative format upon request. As an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer, we encourage applications from minorities, veterans, and women. Qualified candidates may request veterans’ or disabilities preference in accordance with state law. References: References not listed on the application materials may be contacted; notice may be provided to the applicant. Testing: Individual hiring departments at UM may elect to administer pre-employment tests, which are relevant to essential job functions. Employment Eligibility: All New Employees must be eligible and show employment eligibility verification by the first date of employment at UM, as legally required (e.g., Form I-9).
How to Apply
Priority Application Date: Sunday, August 9, 2020 by 11:59 PM (Mountain Time)
Complete applications received by the ‘Priority Application Date’ will be guaranteed consideration. The position will remain open until filled. Candidates are required to submit the following materials online.
A complete application Includes:
- Letter of Interest – addressing your qualifications and experience related to the stated required skills for the position. A general letter salutation such as “Dear Search Committee” or “Dear Hiring Manager” is acceptable.
- Detailed Resume – listing education and describing work experience
- Professional References – names and contact information for three (3) professional references
Job Location Missoula, Montana, United States
Position Type Full-Time/Regular
More searches like this
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Facilities Management & Physical Plant Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Student Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner
- Residence Life Not specified Full Time jobs in Bonner