Global recruitment of Vice-Dean of research, Vice-Dean of teaching and Vice-Dean of administration
The School of Medicine of the Southern University of Science and Technology (SUSTech) is positioned as a Shenzhen-based internationalized high-level academic medical school with an outlook towards China and the wider world and with the integration of science, engineering, medicine and humanities. Its mission is to foster medical experts with international vision and proficiency. The planned enrolment is 2,000 students. Before the official completion and usage ofthe School’s Teaching and Research Building, the 5th floor of Building B and the nearby special site on campus was temporarily set up as the venue for teaching and research. The future School of MedicineBuilding will be located on the campus of the university. The proposed construction site is located on the east of the campus, in the valley north of the Dasha River. The proposed site has an area of 56,553 square meters. In accordance with the overall positioning and development goals of the School of Medicine, the construction will be in line with the needs of modern universities for teaching, research and social services, in order to facilitate the development of the discipline and enrolment. With the integrity and sustainability of campus functions, the school will fully reflect the integration of medicine, international vision and Chinese characteristics and will be forward-looking, international and digital.
In terms of professional foundation, the school now offers the undergraduate major in "biomedical science", in which admission and teaching is being conducted regularly. In March 2019, the major of clinical medicine was approved and the first admission has been conducted and students were enrolled in the autumn of 2019. Majors such as intelligent medicine are being submitted for approval. On June 10, 2019, SUSTech and King's College London signed a joint preparation agreement, by which a joint medical school will be established in the SUSTech and the two sides will carry out in-depth educational cooperation in a number of medical disciplines. Through recruitment of top talents and focus on the integration of disciplines and innovations, education, research and personnel are connected to train first-class medical professionals and vigorously promote the development of Shenzhen in education, health care and life science. With first-class research outcomes and medical services in the world, the school will contribute to the international competitiveness of the Guangdong-Hong Kong–Macao Greater Bay Area.
In order to achieve these goals, the school, under the guidance of SUSTech and the leadership of its first dean, Xing Mingzhao, is actively forming a united, cooperative and vigorous team. Among the open administrative positions, the school intends to recruit a vice-dean in charge of research and graduate programs, a vice-dean in charge of undergraduate programs and clinical medicine teaching, and a vice-dean in charge of administrative management. Qualified candidates from home and abroad can apply for these three positions.
I. Vice-Dean in charge of Research and Postgraduate Programs
(I) Recruitment qualifications
1. With enthusiasm for research management, higher education, medicine and health, good personal quality, lofty professional ethics and teamwork spirit, uprightness, professional seriousness, academicrigor, truth-seeking pragmatism, dedication, vigor and vitality, courage in work, strong organizational and management capability, innovative and strategic conception for research development and postgraduate training of the medical school;
2. With education and training background in clinical medicine and basic medicine, doctoral degree in clinical medicine or basic related majors, academic excellence in the discipline, academic achievements universally recognized by both domestic and foreign counterparts, accurate understanding of the development trends in clinical and basic medical science and postgraduate training, forward-looking vision and excellent leadership to lead key medical disciplines into the forefront at home and abroad;
3. Being familiar with the application for domestic and foreign research funds and postgraduate education management system; being able to actively carry out research and postgraduate education cooperation with top universities and research institutions at home and abroad, establish long-term and stable cooperative relations, and significantly enhance the academic level and influence of the school during the term of employment;
4. Being physically and mentally fit, aged 40-50 preferably(candidates beyond the age limit but with outstanding qualificationscan also be considered); being able to work full-time. Candidates with previous experience in relevant research management at home or abroad are preferred.
(II) Job responsibilities (specifically subject to the signed agreement)
1. Under the leadership of the dean the School of Medicine, the vice-dean shall be fully in charge of the research and postgraduate management of the school, formulating strategic plans for research development and postgraduate education of the school and implementing such plans;
2. The vice-dean shall organize and apply for major domestic and foreign projects, actively apply for national/provincial/municipal research fund projects, key laboratories or platforms, strengthen the industry-university-research collaboration, promote cooperation with industries related to the discipline, so as to serve national and local medical development.
3. The vice-dean shall build a high-level faculty, vigorously introduce and cultivate high-level talents, strengthen research and postgraduate education team building, build a high-level innovative academic team, so as to form a faculty with belief, moral, knowledge, and benevolence;
4. The vice-dean shall actively carry out cooperation with top universities and research institutions at home and abroad, establish long-term and stable cooperative relations, and significantly enhance the academic level and influence of the school during the term of employment;
5. The vice-dean shall speed up the establishment and promotion of multi-level research and postgraduate training cooperation between the school and hospitals under or affiliated to SUSTech and the cooperative hospitals.
II. Vice-Dean in charge of teaching
(I) Recruitment qualifications
1. With enthusiasm for higher education, clinical medical education and health service, good personal quality, lofty professional ethics and teamwork spirit, uprightness, professional seriousness, academic rigor, truth-seeking pragmatism, dedication, vigor and vitality, courage in work, strong organizational and management capability, innovative and strategic conception for undergraduate teaching and clinical education development of the school;
2. With background of clinical education (MD) in a medical school, familiarity with higher education in medicine, clear thinking of running aschool, familiarity with the characteristics, current situation and development trends of relevant disciplines, familiarity with the domestic medical education system and foreign clinical medical education, strategic thinking and in-depth insights on subject development, education and teaching, academic echelons, and an internationalized academic perspective;
3. With experience in management of medical education at home and abroad and academic achievements in medical education (e.g. publication of medical education-related papers or winning of related awards) preferably;
4. Being physically and mentally fit, aged 40-50 preferably(candidates beyond the age limit but with outstanding qualifications can also be considered), being able to work full-time, with full-time responsibility for teaching management and academic exploration in medical education.
(II) Job responsibilities
1. Under the leadership of the dean of the School of Medicine, the vice-dean shall be fully in charge of undergraduate programs and medical teaching and clinical training of the school, formulatingstrategic plans for the educational development for the relevant disciplines of the school and implementing such plans.
2. The vice-dean shall focus on discipline integration and innovation, promote medical education development and teaching reform in the school, innovate medical talent training model, improve the quality of training, foster outstanding talents with an international vision and strong professional capability and professional proficiency, so as to build a domestic high-end medical training institution;
3. The vice-dean shall build a high-level faculty, vigorously introduce and cultivate high-level teaching talents, strengthen team building, build a high-level innovative discipline team, so as to form a faculty with belief, moral, knowledge, and benevolence;
4. The vice-dean shall establish and promote multi-level teaching and clinical training cooperation with hospitals under or affiliated to SUSTech and cooperative hospitals and assist in the planning and design of the medical teaching functions of the building of the School of Medicine;
5. The vice-dean shall actively promote the preparation of the joint medical school project with King's College London and promote in-depth educational cooperation in a number of medical disciplines.
III. Vice-Dean of Administration
(I) Recruitment qualifications
1. With enthusiasm for higher education and administration of the School of Medicine, good personal quality, lofty professional ethics and teamwork spirit, uprightness, professional seriousness, academic rigor, truth-seeking pragmatism, dedication, vigor and vitality, courage in work, strong administrative management capability, great enthusiasm and long-term vision for the administrative and logistical managementin the School of Management;
2. With background in administration; being familiar with administrative systems and methods, the characteristics of professional administration in medical schools, the basic situation of personnel management, financial management and student management in domestic universities; with international perspective, strategic thinking and in-depth insights.
3. With long-term administrative experience in medical schools and universities at home and abroad preferably;
4. Being physically and mentally fit, aged 40-50 preferably(candidates beyond the age limit but with outstanding qualifications can also be considered), being able to work full-time; with full-time responsibility for administrative and logistical management for the school.
(II) Job responsibilities
1. Under the leadership of the dean of the School of Medicine, the vice-dean shall assist the dean in taking full responsibility for the administrative and student affairs of the school, be responsible for the implementation of the resolutions and regulations on administrative work. The vice-dean shall lead and manage the office of the school, handle and draft all kinds of documents, coordinate and arrange meetings within the school, and contact various administrative departments of the university. The vice-dean shall assist the dean of the school in handling external affairs.
2. The vice-dean shall be in charge of personnel management in accordance with SUSTech’s human resources management system, improve the school’s recruitment process of talents, collect recruitment needs, develop recruitment plans, and implement the recruitment and evaluation of talents. The vice-dean shall also be responsible for the coordination of the human resources of the school.
3. The vice-dean shall be responsible for administration, such as the allocation and management of fixed assets and the management of official documents. He or she shall be responsible for the management of official seals, organization and arrangement of meetings and related activities of the school, taking and organizing meeting minutes. The vice-dean shall also establish an effective communication mechanismwith the functional departments of the university and understandrelevant policies on a regular basis.
4. The vice-dean shall be in charge of logistics and infrastructure, coordination of all the logistical management of the school, and contact with the infrastructure departments for the construction of the buildingof the School of Medicine.
1. The school will provide internationally competitive remunerations. The job responsibilities and specific remunerations of the recruitedcandidates shall be specified in contracts signed by the two sides.
V. Application documents
1. Resume; copies of the identification card or passport; copies of academic qualifications and diplomas;
2. Recommendation letters by three peer experts and the contact details of the recommenders;
3. List of research and teaching projects over the last five years, published papers, and award-winning outcomes; copies of research and teaching projects, as well as award-winning certificates;
4. Proof of employment at important positions at home and abroad.
Candidates shall send the application documents to the recruitment email of SUSTech School of Medicine: email@example.com and the email shall be titled in the format of "Name + Post". We will strictly keep your documents confidential. For any questions, please contact us at tel: +86-0755-88018031 Contact: Ms. Wang
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Health & Medicine Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Medicine Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China
- Deans Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in China