VICE PRESIDENT FOR ENROLLMENT & STUDENT AFFAIRS
American International University - Kuwait City
for the 2020-2021 Academic year
The American International University, Kuwait, invites applications for full-time, Vice President for Enrollment & Student Affairs. AIU welcomes members of the institution with a vision of excellence in instruction and a commitment to students’ academic success.
The successful candidate will serve as a member of the President's Cabinet; serve as Chief Enrollment and Student Affairs Officer and provide executive leadership for the overall planning, implementation, and evaluation of student affairs and enrollment management functions within the context of the institutional mission; ensure assigned departments fulfill University goals and objectives.
- Serve as a member of the President's executive staff, participating in discussions, decision making, and policymaking.
- Provide highly responsible organizational and staff support to the President's Office particularly as it relates to student issues.
- Lead all enrollment management and student affairs functions of the University.
- Serve as the chief student advocate.
- Develop, plan, implement, and evaluate programs and services as well as establishing policies and procedures necessary to support student enrollment, engagement, and persistence.
- With the President and VPAA, work closely with the institutional Partner universities to supervise successful transfer and implementation of all programs; maintain and enhance the relationships between AIU and the Partners.
- Create co-curricular opportunities for students intended to enhance the learning experience; work with the VPAA to ensure that all co-curricular programs work to enhance student learning and growth inside and outside the classroom.
- Work with the VPAA and VPESL to coordinate enrollment management (student outreach, retention and persistence efforts) in accordance with the University’s strategic plan.
- Work closely with the VPAA on student-related issues, such as enrollment management, academic advising, course scheduling, and co-curricular programming.
- Supervise and direct, in conjunction with Director of Enrollment and Director of Marketing & Communications, student-related marketing and research initiatives.
- Assist in the implementation and maintenance of Student Information System in conjunction with the IT Department and other related departments.
- Select, train, lead, and evaluate staff; establish and monitor employee performance objectives; prepare and present employee performance reviews; provide or coordinate staff development.
- Lead and supervise Enrollment & Government Scholarship Services; all Student Life functions including athletics, counseling and career services; Registration Services.
- Develop and maintain policy and procedure manuals related to divisional programs and services; ensure that all departments also create and maintain these manuals.
- Assist in the owners’ planning of the institutional budget by providing accurate student enrollment projections and data.
- Manage the divisional budget, assist with identification and prioritization of needs and purchases for assigned program areas, monitor expenditures.
- Prepare and present reports and other necessary correspondence as it relates to students
- Serve on a variety of committees and task forces.
- Represent the University at community and outside organization functions.
- Represent the President's Office as required.
- Keep abreast of developments in enrollment management, student services, higher education, and fields related to assigned functions.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess skills to be able to explain and demonstrate the essential functions of the position; demonstrated knowledge and experiences within all facets of enrollment and student life.
- Ability to communicate ideas and information clearly and effectively at all levels within the University in English; must possess effective presentation skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and handle multiple complex projects.
- Demonstrated ability to use sound judgment in decision-making and problem-solving.
- Must be capable of maintaining the confidentiality of work-related information and materials.
- Demonstrated experience with enrollment services.
- Demonstrated experiences in planning and directing programs for students.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, prioritize, and problem-solve broad strategic initiatives.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse group of professionals, students and parents, community members, and constituencies.
- Ability to manage complex divisional budgets accurately.
- Ability to lead, inspire, supervise, and evaluate team members in an effort to meet institution and division goals and objectives.
- Demonstrated experiences in the application and implementation of student information systems in student life and enrollment services.
- Demonstrated proficiency in the use of standard software applications.
- Knowledge and experiences in the usage of social media in higher education.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Experience and Education:
- Master's degree required; preferred in Higher Education Administration/Student Personnel or related field
- Seven years plus experiences in the higher education environment, in increasingly complex executive roles
- Experience in the supervision of enrollment management and/or student development programs and personnel
- Experience in the application and implementation of technology in student affairs, particularly student information systems
- Experience in the development, management, and oversight of institutional budgets
Experience with research and the use of data in enrollment and/or student affairs.
Interested applicants, please send a cover letter, resume, and one photo