Assistant Director of Admission - Graduate & Transfer
The Assistant Director of Admission for Graduate and Transfer is responsible for coordinating and implementing the overall recruitment plan for transfer and graduate students. The Assistant Director supervises the transfer counselor to reach outlined goals for inquiries, applicants, acceptances, and enrolled students. As a member of the Admission Leadership team, this professional will stay current on best practices specific to recruitment of transfer and graduate students.
- Supervise the nontraditional counselor(s)
- Develop and implement a recruitment plan for transfer students and graduate students
- Develop and implement quantitative goals for each recruiter specific to inquiries, applicants, acceptances, and enrolled students
- Ensure all counselors understand how to set-up visits within our CRM system for their recruitment events
Marketing & Communications Collaboration
- Educate recruitment team about the departmental marketing and communication plan
- Provide direction and oversight to staff in completing the tasks required for effective implementation of the plan
- Help envision ways to incorporate the use of technology into processes as we strive to make powerful and timely connections with prospective transfer and graduate students
- Actively participate in implementation of future admission technology products.
- Work with the Assistant Director of Technology to ensure all transfer and graduate recruitment related sites are as up to date as possible
- Assist with relevant departmental social media postings
- Work with the Director of Admission to serve as the Publication Liaison for all publication editing and ordering for transfer and graduate programs
- Work with appropriate graduate program directors to enhance communication and recruitment
- Actively participate in weekly meetings with senior admissions staff
- Work with others in leading comprehensive efforts to effectively develop recruitment plans for transfer and graduate students
- Develop creative solutions to staffing and processes related to changing needs or direction
- Serve as a resource to admission staff members and the greater University community in representing Truman State University
- Participate in training of staff members
- Work with the other senior staff members to create a supportive, enthusiastic, professional and efficient work environment
- Lead regular meetings with nontraditional counselor(s) to manage workload, monitor project progress, and assign new projects
- Serve on the Admission Leadership team and associated committees/teams specific to nontraditional student recruitment efforts
- Participate in online seminars regarding relevant professional issues in an effort to keep current about recruitment opportunities to enhance our operation
- Attend professional conferences off-campus, as requested and as schedule permits
- Join appropriate professional societies for transfer and graduate student recruitment
- Maintain documentation of processes related to major projects for future reference
Special Projects and Other Duties
- Assist with campus tours and visits (as needed)
- Actively provide and participate in departmental or university trainings
- Provide support in answering the office phones, responding to questions, and following-up on requests
- Assist with other mailings and projects
- Research and report on admissions recruitment trends and best practices
- Other duties as assigned
Required qualifications include a bachelor's degree; experience working in higher education; exceptional communication skills (written and oral) and a strong commitment to customer service; ability to travel and to assume a work schedule that can include evenings and weekends; the ability to lift/carry items ranging up to 40 pounds in weight; and a valid driver’s license.
Preferred qualifications include a master’s degree and experience working with graduate admission.
Applicants should submit a cover letter, resume, academic transcripts, and contact information for at least three references. Electronic applications can be submitted at employment.truman.edu or applications can be sent to:
Truman State University
McClain Hall 101
100 E. Normal Ave
Kirksville, MO 63501
(660) 785-7520 -- fax
Questions may be directed to Human Resources at 660-785-4031 or email@example.com. Review of applications will begin August 10, 2020. Final candidates will be expected to undergo and successfully pass a background check.
Truman is an equal employment opportunity, affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity and compliance with the American with Disabilities Act.