About University of Saint Joseph:
The University of Saint Joseph, founded by the Sisters of Mercy, provides a rigorous liberal arts and professional education for a diverse student population in an inclusive environment that encourages strong ethical values, personal integrity, and a sense of responsibility to the needs of society.
At University of Saint Joseph, our mission statement profoundly resonates with our faculty and staff and serves as the foundation upon which our employment policy is built.
We seek to attract, develop and retain individuals who are committed to our mission. We are committed to providing an environment where diverse talents, perspectives, experiences and contributions are recognized, and one that promotes the "growth of the whole person" with resources that enable employees to meet professional and personal life needs.
Under the direction of the Vice President for Finance & Administration, the Controller directs and manages all of the accounting and business functions of the University and prepares the annual and interim financial statements, forecasts and related reports. This position also assists with the development of the annual budget.
Responsibilities (Include but are not limited to)
- Manages the Business Office, Bursars Office and Mail Services
- Maintains endowment and investment accounts; maintains endowment unitization
- Assists the Vice President of Finance & Administration with annual budget development;
- Prepares annual and interim financial statements, forecasts and analysis
- Develops, implements, and enforces internal controls
- Oversees annual audits (financial statements, Federal A-133, State Single Audit, Federal 403(b) Plan)
- Manages grants accounting
- Manages student billing and accounts receivable
- Ensures compliance with tax-exempt bond financing
- Ensures compliance with tax regulations and oversees preparation and submission of Form 990 and other tax returns.
- Cash management
- Develops and maintains organizational structure to effectively accomplish the Business Office goals and objectives
- Develops short and long term financial projections
- Interprets and applies federal and state tax policy
- Interprets and applies University and financial accounting policies related to accounting transactions.
- Bachelor's Degree required, preferably in accounting or finance.
- Master's degree in accounting or a related field and/or CPA designation required
- Minimum 10 year's experience in accounting or finance field.
- Higher education experience or not for profit experience preferred
- Exhibits a high level of professionalism, leadership, creative problem solving, diplomacy, negotiation and sales skills, and the ability to manage complex projects with minimal supervision
- Excellent oral and written skills and ability to communicate comfortably with students, colleagues, and external constituents
- Professional, courteous demeanor and appearance; ability to engage positively and work professionally with students, faculty, staff and administration and represent the University professionally to the public
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Cultural competency to work with diverse student and/or employee population
- Commitment to the mission of the University of Saint Joseph
- Physical ability to perform the essential functions of the position, with or without reasonable accommodation.
Salary is commensurate with qualifications and experience.
The University of Saint Joseph is building a culturally diverse faculty & staff and strongly encourages applications from women and people of color.
Persons interested in the above position should apply online. Please submit:
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter with salary requirements
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Financial Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Hartford