Faculty Member in the Kern Institute
The Medical College of Wisconsin brings a synergy between the best medical education, research and patient care. Tomorrow’s discoveries happen right here alongside the very people who bring those lessons to our students. Every bit of knowledge, and every advancement, provides our students with an unprecedented, collaborative learning environment, and helps improve the vitality and care of our communities.
The Robert D. and Patricia E. Kern Institute for the Transformation of Medical Education was established as an academic Department within Medical College of Wisconsin in 2017 with a substantial gift of $37.8 million from the Kern Family Trust and Kern Family Foundation. The Institute conducts scholarship and research, builds innovative programs, provides consultations and convenes important conversations. With 28 faculty and 6 staff organized in 5 Stakeholder Pillars (Student, Resident, Faculty, Curriculum and Community) and 3 Laboratories (Data Science, Human Centered Design and Philosophies of Medical Education Transformation) aims to create a community of medical education leaders guided by our triple aim for Medical Education which focuses on character, competence, and caring.
Faculty Member working in Wauwatosa, WI.
The Kern Institute at the Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW) invites applications for a full-time faculty position. Faculty rank and tenure eligibility will be determined based on the candidate’s historical accomplishments. This is an exceptional opportunity for a distinguished and collaborative scholar to be part of one of the largest resourced institutes of its kind, whose mission is to reimagine and then transform medical education across the continuum from pre-medical school to physician practice.
- Thought leader and enactor of evidence-based transformation in the health professions curriculum. Bring expertise in learning sciences, either or both foundational medical or clinical sciences, curricular design, programmatic assessment and program evaluation to the institution.
- Lead or teach in Kern Institute Scholars Program and support other capacity building faculty development programs.
- Conduct one’s own program of scholarship, collaborate with other MCW Kern Institute investigators and mentor novice scholars. Engage with the national and international medical education research community.
- Lead across the Kern Institute, medical school administration, faculty, staff students and community stakeholders to support a transformative curriculum reform process that thoughtfully integrates character and caring at the Medical College of Wisconsin.Minimum Qualifications:
- Must hold an MD and/or PhD degree, and candidates must possess qualifications for appointment at the Assistant Professor level or higher at MCW.
- Minimum Required Experience: A significant leadership role in a complex, academic medical center, with demonstrated strategic and implementation skills. A change agent who has developed and implemented innovative strategies
- Outstanding Healthcare Coverage, including but not limited to Health, Vison, and Dental. Along with Flexible Spending options
- 403(b) Retirement Package
- Competitive vacation and paid holidays offered
- Tuition reimbursement
- On campus fitness facility, offering onsite classes.
- Additional discounted rates on things as: select cell phone plans, local fitness facilities, Milwaukee recreation and entertainment, etc.
- The Milwaukee, Wisconsin area offers the perfect balance between the cultural excitement of an urban environment with the relaxed atmosphere of suburban living. Wisconsin offers the outdoor enthusiast 4-season living with recreational opportunities for virtually every interest.
- The city of Milwaukee, home of the Medical College of Wisconsin, offers a rich cultural heritage, diverse vibrant communities, breathtaking landscapes, and the perfect combination of urban, suburban, and rural living.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Education Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Curriculum & Instruction Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Health & Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Milwaukee
- Medicine Tenured/Tenured Track Not specified Full Time jobs in Milwaukee