Instructor - Adult Education
Work Site Location: NIC at Sandpoint
This is not a remote position.
Utilizes effective teaching methods to provide instruction in any of the assigned areas, which include: math, reasoning through language arts (RLA), science, social studies, and other areas as mandated by the State and regional Adult Education Center (AEC) Director. A particular emphasis will be on math instruction.
Employment contingent upon successful completion of background check.
Proof of degree required upon hire.
Work Schedule: Mon-Thurs. approximately 19 hours per week, between 8:30am-7:30pm. Mid-Aug - Mid-May
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
- Adheres to and teaches established instructional curriculum, which meets the College and Career Readiness and Common Core standards as set by the State and Office of Vocational and Adult Education (OVAE).
- Learns and utilizes current classroom technologies, i.e. Zoom.
- Understands various learning styles, recognizes student-learning difficulties, and adapts instructional delivery to meet these concerns.
- Prepares effectively for class delivery, and presents material clearly.
- Prepares learning environment (handouts, equipment, etc.) sets classroom boundaries and enforces discipline in the classroom, including management of difficult classroom situations and/or student behavior.
- Reviews, reflects, and incorporates class feedback and evaluations into instructional delivery.
- Administers and interprets assessment tests like the Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE).
- Maintains AEC records such as test results, student progress reports and hours.
- Develops individual educational plans according to student need.
- Confers with students on a regular basis to review student progress, re-evaluate goals and provide feedback.
- Instructs in other curriculum areas as developed and agreed upon by AEC Director.
- Attends professional development trainings including online seminars as required by Director.
- Teaches on a variable schedule as needed to serve student population, consistent with the AEC instructional calendar, typically four days per week, which includes evening instruction.
- Maintains student case notes and attendance records for GED Academy.
- Aids in developing contacts and distributing marketing communications to community partners as assigned by AEC Director.
- Coordinates with a NIC advisor to support student transition and success in post-secondary classes.
- Develops an understanding of and maintains a commitment to the mission of the community college.
- Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with supervisor, college staff, students, and the community.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Education and Experience : Bachelor’s Degree and 5 year(s) of experience
Additional Minimum Qualifications : Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university and a minimum of five years full-time related teaching experience that includes adult and non-traditional students.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
Ability to effectively teach from a wide-ranging curriculum in the areas of Mathematics, Reasoning through Language Arts (RLA), Science, and Social Studies.
• Ability to utilize tools and equipment associated with the curriculum of the areas being taught.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills.
• Ability to use a personal computer and associated peripherals and current version of Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office, Internet, and alternative delivery systems (e.g., internet and interactive video) at a proficient level.
• Ability to operate standard office equipment including phone, fax, copier
Advertised: 23 Jul 2020 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: 25 Sep 2020 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Curriculum & Instruction Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- Humanities Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene
- English as a Second Language Not specified Part Time jobs in Coeur D'Alene