University of Idaho
Division/College: President's Area
Employee Category: Classified
Pay Range: $21.24 per hour or higher depending on education and experience
Full/Part Time: Full Time
The Office Manager provides advanced level administrative support with an emphasis on written communications for the Division Operations Officer and the Special Assistant to the President. The position has primary responsibility as the initial point of contact for the Office of the Vice President for Finance and Administration and provides back up reception coverage for the Office of the President. The Office Manager provides assistance with strategic initiatives as well as advancement and presidential events. The position reports to the Special Assistant to the President and works in coordination with the President's Office as needed.
• 5 years administrative support experience with increasing levels of responsibility, or an equivalent combination of higher education and experience;
• Experience interpreting, applying, and explaining complex information such as regulations, policies or services;
• Experience coordinating activities requiring complex arrangements;
• Experience composing and editing a variety of business documents with quality and a high level of accuracy;
• Experience with computer office programs;
• Experience researching, compiling, and summarizing data;
• Experience handling highly sensitive and confidential information.
• Bachelor’s Degree in English, communications or related field;
• Evidence of strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor;
• Evidence of high organizational skills and prioritization ability;
• Ability to independently solve problems and take initiative appropriately;
• High level computer software skills including Banner database experience;
• High level knowledge of MS Excel;
• Event coordination experience;
• Financial and travel processing experience and/or ability;
• Experience and knowledge to apply the University of Idaho policies, regulations and administrative procedures;
• Excellent knowledge of practices, protocols, and equipment used in office support functions.
Physical Requirements & Working Conditions:
Posting Number: SP002538P
Posting Date: 07/22/2020
Open Until Filled: Yes
Individuals interested in applying for this position should submit a cover letter and resume no later than August 7, 2020 to receive first consideration.
Background Check: Applicants who are selected as final possible candidates must be able to pass a criminal background check.
To apply, please visit: jobs.uidaho.edu
University of Idaho is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Veterans/Disability Employer.