Coordinator of Enterprise Systems
POSITION PURPOSE: The Coordinator of Enterprise Systems provides leadership and strategic planning for enterprise and shared services provided on campus. These technology-based solutions are designed to support improved decision-making, enhance administrative support processes and improve resource utilization within academic and administrative departments. The Coordinator will be expected to instill a strong customer service orientation and sound principles of project management to the team. This position represents the department and the university on numerous campus and system-wide committees. As the university data administrator, the incumbent works with the system-wide data administrator to maintain the reliability and accuracy of institutional data and reporting and assists with campus data governance. This position reports directly to the VP of Technology/Chief Information Technology Officer and works in collaboration with others across the university.
The ability and willingness to provide excellent service and to work in a collegial manner with students, faculty and staff, and other constituencies is essential.
- Work with the system-wide data administrator to maintain the reliability and accuracy of institutional data and reporting;
- Plan for the integration of information from the various departments to the statewide information systems and vice versa;
- Analyze and write reports for collection, maintenance and reporting of data for the institution and, if required, for state or federal agencies;
- Monitor production and distribution of data processing reports and reviews reports for accuracy and applicability;
- Lead in the stewardship of the university’s enterprise systems to maximize the investment and enable the full deployment of its capabilities;
- Utilize proven project management techniques to provide timely and effective support and services to departments;
- Proactively communicate and ensure that constituents are informed of relevant issues in a timely manner;
- Performs other duties as required.
- Interview, select, supervise, and evaluate department personnel;
- Establish goals, strategies and work plans to ensure optimized operation of the enterprise systems;
- Prepare departmental budget and manage department within budget constraints.
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree preferred, with focus in computer science, management information systems, management or related field.
- At least five years working in information technology with recent management experience.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Strong technical knowledge of administrative software applications, data reporting and SQL/PLSQL is required;
- Goal oriented with a strong respect for the importance of data and timely delivery of information;
- Demonstrated project management experience, providing project analysis and developing metrics for success measures;
- Ability to exercise critical human relation skills in maintaining effective working relations with the university community;
- Experience with IBM Cognos and Ellucian ERP or similar systems is highly desirable;
- Knowledge of business intelligence and data warehousing in a higher education context would be ideal;
- Strong interpersonal skills with an ability to establish and maintain effective working relations with the NET Services staff, the campus community and the regental system;
- Excellent organizational and communication skills required.
- Working at a computer terminal for extended periods of time.
- Works in a standard office environment.
- Candidates must be willing to work flexible hours, including early mornings, evenings and weekends/holidays if necessary.
- Position reports to the VP of Technology/Chief Information Officer
- Position serves on the NET Services Coordinator’s Council
APPLICATION: Review of applications will begin immediately. Position is open until filled. For more information regarding this position, and to apply, visit: https://yourfuture.sdbor.edu. Click on ‘Search Jobs’ and choose ‘Northern State University’ in the Institution section. The system will guide you through the electronic application form. AA/EOE