Industrial Extension Engineer (Manager of Continuous Improvement) - Engineering & Mineral Resources
The West Virginia University Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources, Mining and Industrial Extension Department is seeking applications for the position of Industrial Extension Engineer (Manager of Continuous Improvement). This position will be responsible for contacting manufacturers to promote the services of the Industrial Extension Service and the department's center, the West Virginia Manufacturing Extension Partnership (WVMEP). The Industrial Extension Service/WVMEP is the recipient of a cooperative agreement affiliated with the NIST-MEP national network of organizations which provide services to small and medium manufacturers. Additional information regarding NIST-MEP may be found at http://www.nist.gov/mep.
Specific duties and responsibilities:
- Engage existing and new manufacturers state wide to promote the
services of the Industrial Extension Service and the department's
center - the West Virginia Manufacturing Extension Partnership
- Identify opportunities and generate projects focusing on industrial engineering, continuous improvement, and lean management.
- Support clients in conducting value stream map assessments, conducting time studies, identifying key performance indicators, facilitating kaizen events and 5S events, training on problem solving techniques, conducting failure mode effective analysis and promoting lean cultures.
- Support clients in implementing preventive maintenance programs, developing standardized work programs utilizing lean and six sigma concepts, and training on continuous improvement methodologies.
- Support the development of new products in continuous improvement and Industry 4.0 related service areas.
- Maintain channels of communication with clients and the internal team to deliver proposals, projects, and follow up timely and efficiently.
- Maintain current records of client firms, proposals, project status, and timesheets using a PC/Cloud-based customer relationship management system.
- Participate in meetings, conferences and events for manufacturers.
- Travel up to 50% may be required but limited to the state of WV.
- Bachelor's degree in Industrial Engineering, Engineering, Business Management or related degree.
- Six Sigma Green or Black belt preferred.
- A minimum of 5-7 years of experience working in a manufacturing or consultant environment.
- Must be a highly motivated self-starter who works well in an independent setting.
- Excellent time management, project management and organizational skills.
- Excellent communication and written skills.
- Must possess strong presentation skills.
- Ability to travel with a valid driver's license.
Applicants must submit a cover letter highlighting their qualifications for the position, resume, and contact information for at least three professional references. Only candidates who submit complete documentation will be considered in the review process.
Review of applications will begin on August 28 , 2020.
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown