Post Doctoral Researcher - CEMR Mechanical and Aerospace
The Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE) in the Benjamin M. Statler College of Engineering and Mineral Resources at West Virginia University (WVU) is seeking applicants for a Postdoctoral Researcher (Fellow) in the general areas of Space Weather and Machine Learning. This position supports research initiatives related to advanced Modeling and Forecasting of Space Weather with associated Uncertainty Quantification and will primarily focus on projects related to the application of Machine and Deep Learning methodologies.
In order to be successful in this position, the following candidate will:
- Conduct research on Space Weather Modeling and Forecasting with
Quantified Uncertainties for applications across disciplines
(satellite drag, aviation radiation, etc.)
- Attend research conferences and reading of scientific
literature to keep abreast of technological advances and latest
research findings; identifying public, private, or governmental
research sponsors and assisting with the acquisition of funding
from such sources
- Search scientific literature to select and adapt methods or
procedures that are most appropriate for specific research
- Oversee research facilities and personnel
- Write and present research/study status reports for review and
use by the Principal Investigator
- Prepare results of experimental findings for presentation to
colleagues and sponsors at professional/technical conferences;
and/or, for publication in scientific journals, as directed.
West Virginia University is the State's comprehensive Land Grant University with an enrollment of about 29,000 students and an R1 Carnegie Classification. Morgantown and its vicinity has a diverse population of about 62,000 residents and is ranked highly among the most livable small cities in the country. The community lies within a high technology corridor that also includes several federal research facilities, as well as industries active in shale gas operations. The city is readily accessible and within driving distance from Pittsburgh, PA and Washington, DC. For more information on WVU and Morgantown, see http://www.wvu.edu and http://www.morgantownwv.gov .
- PhD in Aerospace Engineering, Physics, Data Science or related discipline
- Background in Machine Learning and/or Space Weather is required
- Proficiency in Python and familiarity with Machine Learning frameworks (like Keras or PyTorch) and libraries (like scikit-learn) is highly desirable
For questions or additional information, contact Dr. Piyush Mehta, 612-481-7542, email: email@example.com . You may also visit the MAE website at http://www.mae.statler.wvu.edu
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Biotechnology & Bioengineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Engineering Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Other Science & Technology Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown