Director of Learning Design & Development
Leads the learning design and development team within Digital & Extended Learning (DXL). Oversees the processes, resources, and templates. Works with the Executive Director on strategic planning for department, as well as vision/mission/values, workspace needs, advisory groups, and digital & extended learning programming (explore, incubate, model, etc.). Assists with division research, evaluation, and assessment efforts as well as data and technology/application needs. Information about the department can be found online at https://dxl.dixie.edu .
- Oversee the overall digital design and development process, including contract documents, Canvas template management, surveys and data collection to evaluate/assess online courses, and larger redevelopment projects.
- Manage collaborative and professional working relationships with discipline experts and other members of the development team (Learning Designers, Media Developers, Graphic Designers, Web Developers, Technologists, etc.), including hiring, evaluating, forecasting personnel needs, professional growth & learning opportunities, etc.
- Identify areas of improvement related to learning design in courses/projects and recommend/employ strategies for improvement; ensure the instructional quality of courses/projects and assist with vision and strategic planning and evaluation of systems/applications in support of new delivery formats, models, and practices.
- In coordination with the Director, prepare project bids and estimates and negotiate project agreements/contracts. Track and monitor project expenses and labor costs. Budget management of fund indices directed at development projects and initiatives.
- Work with Project Manager to ensure overall completion of project tasks and milestones are met and adjust assignments and schedule as necessary to meet time/budget/quality parameters.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Master's degree in Instructional Design, Instructional Technology, Education, or related field; doctoral degree preferred.
- At least three years' experience as an instructional/learning designer for online courses; design experience in online higher education preferred.
- Experience managing instructional development projects for digital learning environments (online/blended) required; teaching experience in higher education and experience in instructional/learning design for micro-learning and/or competency-based education preferred.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and project management skills to concurrently manage multiple assigned tasks/projects and organize, coordinate, and direct team activities and results, as well as coach and develop direct reports.
- Solid understanding of Learning Theory and Instructional Design Theory, with the ability to use fundamental web development technologies.
- Fluency in using popular productivity software (Google Drive, Office365, MS Office Suite or equivalent) on either Windows or Mac computers, as well as navigating the web and using web-based tools to facilitate work, learning, collaboration, productivity, research, etc.
- Proven ability to analyze data to identify trends and drive innovative process improvement, as well as be an agent of change in a rapidly changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills with the ability to build relationships and influence at all levels.
- Ability to collaborate and be part of a dynamic team with excellence, integrity, and respect to include management of remote teams.
POSITION DETAILS, COMPENSATION & BENEFITS: Full-time professional (overtime-exempt) staff position. Annual salary of $70,000+ depending on qualifications & experience. Desired start date of September 2020. Excellent benefits package included (see https://humanresources.dixie.edu/employee-benefits/ under "Benefits Summary" for more details).
APPLICATION PROCEDURES: Application review begins August 6, 2020; position open until filled. Submit cover letter, resume, and contact information (including email) for three professional references electronically. If, because of a disability, you need special services or facilities in order to apply for this opening, please call the Human Resources Office at (435) 652-7520.
ABOUT THE UNIVERSITY: Dixie State University is an open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic institution committed to exceptional student learning and success. DSU has adopted an instructional approach of "active learning. active life" and a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship. We seek faculty and staff committed to providing students with an active, applied and career-oriented learning environment that is student-centered. Established in 1911 as a community college and in 2013 as a state university, DSU is located in picturesque southwestern Utah with its red rocks, desert climate, over 300 days of sunshine annually, and featuring easy access to world-class outdoor recreational opportunities. The nearest metropolitan area is Las Vegas, NV (120 miles) with amenities such as an international airport and professional sporting teams. Click here to learn more about the University.
Dixie State currently has approximately 12,000 students and has been a fast-growing Utah public institution of higher education over the last several years. We offer over 210 programs, including masters, bachelors, associates, certificates, endorsements, minors, and/or emphases. DSU seeks to recruit and retain diverse and ambitious faculty and staff who bring new ideas, possess values and career aspirations aligned with the mission and vision, and are inspired to build a premier open, inclusive, comprehensive, polytechnic university. DSU is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer; the President and employees of DSU are fully committed to Affirmative Action and within its programs and activities, including in admissions and employment, Dixie State University does not discriminate or tolerate discrimination, including harassment, based on race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other status protected by University policy, Title IX, or any other federal, state or local law.
The following individuals have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the application of Title IX and its implementing regulations and/or DSU’s non-discrimination policies:
- Director of Equity Compliance / Title IX Coordinator: Hazel Sainsbury - firstname.lastname@example.org , HCC 579, 435-652-7747.
- Deputy Title IX Coordinator: Abby Del Giacco - email@example.com , 435-652-7731.
- U.S. Department of Education, Office of Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights, firstname.lastname@example.org , 800-421-3481.
- U.S. Department of Education, Denver Regional Office, email@example.com , 303-844-5695.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Instructional Technology & Design Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Administrative Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George
- Academic Affairs Not specified Full Time jobs in Saint George