Part Time Criminal Justice Instructor (Dual Credit, Lexington HS)
VEVRRA Federal Contractor - Priority referral protected veterans requested.
Requisition Number 2020058F Position Title Part Time Criminal Justice Instructor (Dual Credit, Lexington HS) Salary Range per agreement with high school (paid by ISD, not Blinn) DBM Rating n/a Job Type Part Time Job Category Faculty Anticipated Start Date 08/24/2020 Campus Bryan Application Deadline Extended Open Deadline FLSA Status Exempt Security Sensitive? Yes Work Hours
Provide curriculum instruction in the field of criminal justice.
• Provides instruction for courses at a dual credit high school (Lexington ISD )
• Demonstrates a commitment to student engagement, student success, and instructional excellence.
• Prepares and utilizes a course syllabus and assessments for each course using guidelines established by the institution.
• Maintains current knowledge of effective teaching methodologies and utilizes a variety of instructional delivery methods, classroom media, and educational resources.
• Advises students in academic matters.
• Evaluates students’ performance through a variety of means to measure progress and keep them informed in a timely manner.
• Assists in the development, distribution and collection of assessments for courses and program objectives.
• Provides recommendations to the Academic Dean, Assistant Dean, Department Heads, and Curriculum Resource Team regarding curriculum.
• Demonstrates a positive and professional relationship with students, colleagues, college administration, and the community.
• Submits timely college reports and forms to the appropriate divisions/departments.
• Exhibits a commitment to lifelong learning through participation in professional development activities.
• Possesses a passion for teaching community college students.
• Demonstrates effective communication skills, both written and orally.
• Attends required institutional meetings.
• Responsible for other related duties as assigned.
Minimum Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal plus 3 years or more years working experience in criminal justice
Preferred Experience and Training Physical Requirements Required Degree, License or Certifications
Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in Criminal Justice plus 3 years or more years working experience in criminal justice
Special Notes To Applicants
Applicant must already be an employee of Lexington ISD before applying.
The College assigns appropriately credentialed faculty members in support of educational quality and the mission of the College, in keeping with Board policy DBA LOCAL -X (Employment Requirements and Restrictions – Credentials and Records: Credentials). College policy is consistent with sound educational practice and SACSCOC guidelines. Primary consideration is given to the highest degree earned in the discipline. Furthermore, Blinn College’s Faculty Credentialing Guidelines table specifies recommended credentials for each rubric within the college’s course inventory. http://www.blinn.edu/academic_affairs/Faculty_Credentialing_Guidelines.pdf
Quick Link http://employment.blinn.edu/postings/8971 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * Are you currently an employee of the Lexington Independent
School District, in Lexington, Texas?
- * Are you legally eligible for employment in the U.S.?
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice or
- * Do you have an Associates degree in Criminal Justice or
similar field or equivalent educational background.
- * Do you have a master's degree (in any subject) AND at least
18 graduate hours in criminal justice or closely related field?
- * How many years of work experience do you have in the Criminal
- Less than 5 years
- 5 to 10 years
- More than 10 years
- * Are you a veteran? If yes, please upload a copy of your DD214
in the optional documents.
- * Are you an orphan of a veteran who was killed while on active
duty? If yes, please upload a copy of your DD1300 in the optional
- * Are you a veteran’s surviving spouse who has not remarried?
If yes, please upload a copy of your DD1300 in the optional
- * Are you claiming Veteran's employment preference? (See
website for definition:
- * How did you hear about this employment opportunity?
- Advertisement (specify in next question below)
- Blinn employment site
- Word of Mouth
- Internet Site (specify in next question below)
- Higher Ed Jobs
- Other (specify in next question below)
- * If in the previous question you selected 'Advertisement',
'Internet Site', or 'Other', please specify how you heard about
this employment opportunity.
(Open Ended Question)
Required Documents Optional Documents
- Unofficial Undergraduate Transcript
- Other Document 2
- Unofficial Graduate Transcript 1
- DD214 (required for Veteran's or Veteran's preference)
- DD1300 (required for orphan's or surviving spouse)