Visitor Experience Associate
Job Code/Title 81201 - H - Customer Service Rep GA 1 Position Number H29091 Working Title Visitor Experience Associate Department Institute For Contemporary Art Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range $9 - $12/hr Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Hourly Hours/Week 15 - 29 Normal work days Varies Normal work hours Varies Job Category Administrative/ Secretarial/ Clerical Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical No Description of the Job
The Institute for Contemporary Art @ VCU is in need of friendly, motivated, and outgoing individuals to assist in strengthening the ICA’s mission to deepen relationships with the community. Visitor Experience Associates (VEAs) are responsible for welcoming visitors, processing membership enrollment, ticket sales, and visitor feedback; ensuring the safety and security of both art and guests within the galleries; and engaging with visitors in conversations about the ICA, exhibitions, and programs. All VEAs are expected to provide a high level of customer service while engaging with the public and ensuring guests adhere to ICA visitor policies, as well as maintain a strong understanding of exhibition content, programs, and events. All VEAs are also expected to participate in regular training sessions that will cover topics from security to interpreting contemporary art to inclusion, diversity, equity, and access. ICA staff and visitors are required to follow state and university guidelines to help prevent the spread of COVID -19 (appropriate PPE supplies to be provided).
- Provide excellent customer service as a primary point of contact of the ICA by greeting, orienting, and assisting visitors, while also providing general security of the art on display and ensuring guests adhere to ICA Visitor Policies
- Process Memberships, ticket sales, and visitor feedback via front desk desktops and mobile devices.
- Act as a liaison between front-of-house and ICA staff
- Maintain knowledge of ICA exhibitions, programs, events, and overall mission.
- Receive and respond to phone inquiries
- Greet and orient incoming tour groups
- Must pass a pre-employment background check
- Must possess excellent customer service skills and a welcoming demeanor in order to successfully engage and interact with a diverse audience.
- An ability to calmly and effectively direct large crowds
- Ability to work weekends, evenings, and some holidays
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with staff, volunteers, and members of the public
– Ability to demonstrate tact and diplomacy in discussing cultural diversity issues with the public
- First Aid/ CPR certification
- Experience with CRM and ticketing software
- Customer service experience in hospitality, retail, or museum setting
- Experience operating a two-way radio
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
Job Open Date 07/20/2020 Remove from posting on or before Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/99638 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Reference Letter - 1
- Reference Letter - 2
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Professional Fields Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Administrative Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Richmond