Vice President for Administrative Services
Olympic College invites applications and nominations from dynamic and inspiring leaders for the position of Vice President for Administrative Services.
The College: Olympic College (OC) is a public two-year community college that educates more than 13,000 students a year. The college’s annual budget is $45 million, employing 1,050 faculty and staff. OC is located in the beautiful Pacific Northwest on the Kitsap Peninsula in Bremerton, Washington. Founded in 1946, the college has three campuses in Bremerton, Poulsbo, and Shelton and serves a population of 280,000 residents living in Kitsap and Mason Counties. The main campus is in Bremerton and is an hour ferry ride across the Puget Sound from Seattle.
The VP for Administrative Services:
- A key member of the College’s leadership team, reporting directly to the President, the Vice President for Administrative Services collaborates closely with other executive staff leaders and the President in both long-range planning and daily administration of the College.
- The Vice President for Administrative Services has overall responsibility for the College’s financial services, capital planning and construction, facilities operation, and campus security and emergency management; provides leadership that demonstrates an appreciation of all constituencies and contributes to the positive working environment of the College; and serves as a representative of the College in a number of external settings.
- Olympic College invites applications from qualified individuals who value student and colleague engagement, and are interested in working within a diverse, innovative, outcome and evidence-based learning-centered environment.
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Management, Finance, or related field from an accredited college or university is required
- Leadership experience at a senior level in a complex organization
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible executive management experience
- Experience developing funding for capital projects
- Experience managing a complex budget and capital projects
- Master’s degree preferably in Business, Management, Finance, or related field from an accredited college or university is highly preferred
- Experience working in a community college or other higher education setting
- Experience securing funding for capital projects
- Intermediate computer experience, MS Ofﬁce preferred
- Washington State experience is a plus
College-Wide Job Requirements:
- Professional, courteous and respectful towards others, both internal and external, and responsive to requests
- Participate in maintaining a supportive work environment
- Treat employees with respect and fairness, and make open communication a priority
- Work collaboratively as a key executive team member and maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team
- Display initiative to resolve problems and capitalize on opportunities
- Promote cost-effective use of the organization’s resources
- Promote understanding of and participation in college-wide initiatives
For a complete listing of Duties & Responsibilities and Competencies, please review the Position Profile. If the direct link doesn’t work in this advertisement, please go to our website at https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/ and click on Open Positions and Higher Education.
Nominations & Applications: EFL Associates (https://eflassociates.cbiz.com/), an executive search firm, is assisting Olympic College with its search for this key role. All calls and inquiries should be made through the search firm. Nominations and applications will be held in strict confidence and candidates will remain confidential until the final stage of the search, at which time the express permission of finalists will be obtained before making their candidacy public. In addition, no contact to references will be made without prior approval of the candidate
Applications should include:
- A letter of introduction outlining the applicant’s background, and qualifications for the position. (This letter should specifically address the leadership attributes and professional competencies for this position.)
- Curriculum vitae/résumé.
- Contact information (e-mail addresses are required) for five professional references, at least one of which is a person who has reported directly to you, a second who is a colleague, and a third who is an individual to whom the applicant has reported directly. Please note that references will not be contacted until further in the search process with prior approval by the applicant.
- All candidate materials should be submitted electronically as PDF documents through the following website: http://eflassociates.peopleadmin.com/postings/1321
- For best consideration apply by September 7, 2020.
- The preferred start date is January 2021, but is negotiable.
Confidential inquiries can be directed to:
Wynn Goering, PhD
Senior Consultant, Higher Education Practice
Nominations & application questions can be directed to:
Ms. Angela Lilje
Practice & Project Manager, Higher Education Practice
Olympic College is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Educator.
More searches like this
- Administrative Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bremerton
- Business & Administrative Affairs Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bremerton
- Chief Business Officers & Vice Presidents Administrative Commensurate with Experience Full Time jobs in Bremerton