Enrollment Business System Coordinator
Enrollment Business Systems Coordinator
Enrollment Management Division
Central Connecticut State University invites application for the
position of Enrollment Business Systems Coordinator. The Enrollment
Business Systems Coordinator executes the strategic vision of the
Enrollment Management Division regarding the implementation,
operation, and maintenance of business systems and software used to
drive enrollment growth while ensuring the employees experiences as
well as the end-use experience is considered both during and after
- Works closely with Information Technology (IT) to provide strategic and functional support for the software and systems used by the Enrollment Management Division.
- Documents requirements and specifications and implements new and future systems in support of the Enrollment Management Division's research activities and reporting.
- Develops, maintains and uses the databases essential for the planning and decision-making processes of the Division and the University, and ensures and maintains the integrity of the University’s data.
- Collaborates with the Offices of Undergraduate and Graduate Recruitment and Admissions, the Office of Financial Aid, the Office of Transfer and Academic Articulations and the Office of Financial Literacy to implement technology solutions aimed at driving enrollment growth.
- Supports efforts to implement the Enrollment Management strategic marketing and communications campaigns utilizing CRM/ERP and other technologies as they become available.
- Utilizes market research, data, and analytics to make recommendations to decision makers.
- Works with key Enrollment Management stakeholders to define the optimal prospective student experience, including development and updates to CRM, web, application(s), and email.
- Works with academic and service departments, as directed by the Associate Vice President for Enrollment Management, to implement an enrollment communication plan that encompasses all relevant audiences.
- Serves as the lead in development and maintenance of incoming student reports, dashboards, surveys, and electronic communications.
- Leads ongoing user adoption, support, and training associated with Enrollment software and business systems. Troubleshoots and monitors requests and issues as they arise.
- Delivers exceptional customer service by responding to user inquiries in a timely fashion.
- Manages licenses for Enrollment Management software and business systems.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities related to those above which do not alter the basic level of responsibility of the position.
- Bachelor's degree and four years of professional higher education experience.
- Strong analytical, strategic thinking, and problem-solving skills.
- Technical abilities in business systems integration, report generation and usage of ERP and/or CRM tools.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, and organizational and project management skills.
- Experience and demonstrated knowledge of relational databases, such as ORACLE or a similar database.
- B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science, or a related area.
- Four years of experience using a CRM system and knowledge of admissions best practices.
- Experience in data analysis; working knowledge of VBA, SQL, JAVA, JAVA SCRIPT; knowledge of SAS, SPSS or similar statistical packages.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital strategy and current communication trends.
The University: The largest of Connecticut’s regional comprehensive universities, Central currently enrolls 11,880 students. This includes 7,605 full-time undergraduates, 1,949 part-time undergraduates, 648 full-time graduate students, and 1,678 part-time graduate students. A third of its undergraduates are students of color, the largest group being Hispanic. Ninety-three percent of the students are from Connecticut. An increasingly residential campus, 64 percent of Central’s first-year students live on campus; 24 percent of all undergraduates live on campus. For more information about Central Connecticut State University, please visit www.ccsu.edu.
The Community: Located nine miles southwest of Hartford, New Britain is a city of some 70,000. Part of the Greater Hartford area of 1.2 million residents, New Britain is centrally located in the state and is within easy reach of much of Connecticut and several metropolitan areas in the region. New Britain’s population is characterized by a high degree of racial and ethnic diversity. Known as “Little Poland,” 17 percent of its population are of Polish background. It is the home of three Polish language newspapers and one television station, and annually hosts the Little Poland Festival. Significant portions of its population come from Puerto Rican, Italian, and Irish backgrounds. Currently, 37 percent of its population are Hispanic; 11 percent are African American; 25 percent live below the poverty line.
In addition to all that Hartford provides, New Britain is 40 minutes from Springfield, Mass., two hours from Boston, and two hours from New York City. It is also part of the Hartford-Springfield “Knowledge Corridor” and, therefore, within easy driving distance of a host of private and public institutions of higher education and many cultural opportunities.
Application and Appointment: For full
consideration, applications must be received by August 19,
- To begin the application process please visit the CCSU HR Job Opportunities at https://www.ccsu.edu/hr/faculty-management-admin.html. Select the job advertisement and click on the Apply button and submit the following :
- Letter of Interest addressing the qualifications for this position
- Current curriculum vitae or résumé
- Names of three current professional references with title, email addresses and telephone numbers
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. Fringe benefits include personal and sick leave, paid holidays, medical, dental, vision and prescription plans, a multi- plan retirement, retirement health care , deferred compensation, Dependent Care Assistant and Med Flex spending accounts, supplemental benefits such as long term, short term disability, tuition waiver for employee and eligible dependents at any of the Connecticut State Universities (Central, Eastern, Southern or Western).
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Mailed applications will not be accepted.
Please redact any personally identifiable information (i.e., Social Security number, date of birth, marital status, country of origin) from any documents submitted. Please ensure your Social Security Number is not listed on any documents submitted.
For more information, contact Lawrence Hall at 860-832-2298
As an affirmative action employer, Central Connecticut State University actively seeks and encourages applications from women, minorities, persons with disabilities, and individuals with protected veteran status. The University provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities upon request.