OPS Sport Clubs Athletic Trainer
The OPS Sports Clubs Athletic Trainer supports the Sport Clubs Program by providing first aid and applicable skills at Sport Club home competitions/events, as well as acting as a liaison to spectators and visiting teams.
Serve as an Athletic Trainer during Sport Club home competitions and events:
- Attend to all injured participants by following basic First Aid and CPR protocols and remove athletes from play if necessary
- First aid/emergency care and on-site injury evaluations during competitions and events
- Have a firm understanding of/activate Emergency Action Plans
- Call or direct someone else to call 911 if injury occurs beyond your scope of practice
- Fill out Accident, Incident, and Event Reports after each event supervised
- Be aware of where emergency exits, bathrooms and AED’s are located
- Responsible for keeping all certifications current
- Check facility for safety hazards; report any hazards to appropriate authority and take immediate action if necessary
- Assist with setup and breakdown of events held on campus, including supplying water/ice
- Answer questions from spectators and visiting teams to the best of your availability
- Be able to refer spectators and participants to rules and regulations of facilities
- Other duties as assigned
Additional Job Description
- American Red Cross Professional Rescuer First Aid and CPR/AED certified
- Up-to-date Athletic Training certifications and licenses
- Ability to work independently and handle stressful situations in a calm manner
- Available to work nights and weekends
- Current FGCU student in good standing is preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
All employees are expected to:
- Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning environment.
- Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
- Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with stated policies.
- Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and supportive environment.
- Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
- Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world, personalities and working styles.
- Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and collaborates with others to achieve goals.
- Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Health & Medicine Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Kinesiology, Exercise Physiology & Physical Education Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Administrative Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers
- Business & Administrative Affairs Not specified Part Time jobs in Fort Myers