The OPS Program Assistant provides administrative support in the
Campus Life office, providing support in personnel and payroll
management, budget management, property management, purchasing,
travel coordination and collections. This is a part-time position
that requires 30 hours per a week and provides the option of
Typical duties include but are not limited to:
• Maintains internal accounting records, completes transfers and
other transactional responsibilities related to fiscal
• Makes purchases on the office’s behalf. Manages and tracks
• Supports employment administration and human resources processes,
serving as a point of contact with the central HR department.
• Sends out offer letters, onboarding instructions and orientation
appointments to new student hires.
• Maintains employee personnel, internship and service-learning
• Composes and prepares written documents and correspondence on
behalf of the office, including memos, letters, presentations and
• Arranges and coordinates travel for department staff and
• Collects monthly reports for Student Media Advisory Board.
• Assists in maintaining the up-to-date roster of Student Media
Advisory voting and ex-officio members and their terms.
• Assists in attending and recording minutes of quarterly Student
Media Advisory Board meetings.
• Assists in sending out applicable notices and materials for the
Student Media Advisory Board Meetings.
• Keeps monthly and annual inventory of Eagle Media equipment and
• Performs annual inventory of fixed and attractive assets.
• Assists in organizing events, including making room reservations
and booking catering.
Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
Additional Job Description
High school diploma or equivalent.
Two years of administrative work experience.
Experience operating a personal computer and proficient with
Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook).
Experience managing personnel records.
Any appropriate combination of relevant education, experience
and/or certifications may be considered.
Experience in support position in higher education.
Experience with the Adobe Creative Cloud or similar software.
Experience using Gulfline, Workday and Intuit Quickbooks.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
• Knowledge of general office procedures.
• Knowledge of generally accepted accounting procedures and
• Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication
• Strong organizational skills and an ability to prioritize and
complete simultaneous projects when numerous and diverse demands
• Ability to operate personal computers with proficiency and learn
new applications and systems.
• Ability to accurately prepare and maintain records, files, and
• Ability to work successfully as both a member of a team and
independently with minimal supervision.
• Ability to interact in a professional manner with a diverse group
of staff, faculty, students, and the community in a
• Ability to think critically and creatively, have a high standard
of integrity, and be motivated to incorporate best practices into
the organizational structure.
• Ability to effectively manage the work of others by providing
information, guidance and motivation.
• Ability to interpret and apply laws, regulations, policies and
• Ability to analyze and solve problems, draw valid conclusions,
and/or develop appropriate alternatives where applicable.
• Promote a common purpose consistent with stated University goals
and demonstrate a commitment to students and the learning
• Possess the knowledge of general written standards and procedures
utilized, and have the ability to read, interpret, and follow
procedural and policy manual related to the job tasks.
• Demonstrate the ability to respond to supervision, guidance and
direction in a positive, receptive manner and in accordance with
• Provide quality customer service by creating a welcoming and
• Present a professional image in word, action and attire.
• Demonstrate professionalism in dealing with a diverse population
while understanding and respecting each other’s view of the world,
personalities and working styles.
• Apply effective techniques to create working relationships with
others to achieve common goals; successfully communicates and
collaborates with others to achieve goals.
• Demonstrate skills necessary to look at situations and processes
critically to make recommendations for improvement.
FGCU is an EOE AA /F/Vet/Disability Employer.