Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Faculty Department Interior Design Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range VCUarts Standard Adjunct Rate Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Adjunct - Teaching Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts (VCUarts) Department of Interior Design is establishing a pool of applicants for possible adjunct teaching positions. This pool of applicants could be drawn upon to provide temporary staffing when needed; to provide special teaching expertise when needed; and/or to meet special programmatic needs not otherwise provided for within the program. The applicant pool will remain active until the listed closing date of the job posting.
Given these criteria, this pool will only be assessed when an adjunct opportunity arises. Possible adjunct opportunities could include teaching a course(s) in any of the areas of study offered by the Department of Interior Design. If an adjunct opportunity arises, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Adjunct faculty are expected to be thoughtful and proactive members of the Interior Design community and have a desire to work with a diverse student population in a collaborative, inclusive and learning-centered collective.
o Terminal degree ( MFA ) in a related field, or BFA with additional training and/or professional experience that equates and/or parallels the artistic development expected in a terminal degree holder.
o Appropriate teaching experience and/or strong oral presentation and communication
o Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student
environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Demonstrated skills and experience in one or several of the following areas of expertise:
1) Design Studio – includes teaching students the development and process of design ideas and philosophies, design principles and elements, human factors and behavior, creative problem solving, research, survey and analysis, code requirements and project development.
2) Ethics and Business for Interior Environments – able to address the professional and business practices as they relate to the interior design profession, including responsibilities, services, ethics, business and project management, and marketing.
3) Architectural Drawing – includes use of manual and computer graphic techniques to teach, among other topics: drafting, sketching, rendering, perspective drawing and model-making.
4) Design related lecture topics – topics covered in separate courses include design history, materials, and research methods.
NCIDQ certification preferred.
Job Open Date 07/20/2020 Remove from posting on or before 06/01/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
To apply, please submit application materials via VCU eJobs at www.vcujobs.com. Only electronic applications submitted via eJobs will be accepted.
Application materials should include the following:
o Current CV or Resume
o A list of three current references including names, addresses, phone numbers, and email addresses (references will not be contacted prior to applicant’s approval)
o Portfolio of work (as applicable), visual documentation of professional work, and examples of student work, if available.
CV/Resume and list of references should be submitted as one PDF in the “Curriculum Vitae (CV)” section of eJobs; and, due to file size limitations, the portfolio of work should be
submitted in the “Other Document” section of eJobs as an accessible link in a PDF that points to a website or cloud storage (with access instructions) to view all visual work.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/99575 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
Optional & Required Documents
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Other Document
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Arts Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Art Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Design & Graphic Arts Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Other Arts Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond