Job Code/Title AJ - Adjunct Position Number J00001 Working Title Adjunct Faculty-Marketing Department Marketing Organizational Overview
At VCU, we Make it Real through learning, research, creativity, service and discovery — the hallmarks of the VCU experience. A premier, urban, public research university nationally recognized as one of the best employers for diversity, VCU is a great place to work. It’s a place of opportunity, where your success is supported and your career can thrive. VCU offers employees a generous leave package, career paths for advancement, competitive pay, and an opportunity to do mission-driven work.
Recruitment Pool All Applicants Anticipated Hiring Range Commensurate with Experience Campus Monroe Park Campus Position Type Adjunct - Teaching Hours/Week Normal work days Normal work hours Job Category Does this position provide patient or clinical services to the VCU Health System? No Does this position require a pre-placement medical assessment? No Is any portion of this position grant-funded? No Sensitive Position No Resource Critical Yes Description of the Job
The Department of Marketing in the School of Business at Virginia Commonwealth University is recruiting a pool of applicants for possible adjunct teaching positions during the Spring, Summer or Fall semesters. This pool will be utilized on an as-needed basis. Should an adjunct teaching position become available, the Department of Marketing will contact persons in the pool whose credentials match our teaching needs. This pool will be accessed only when an opening arises. Your application will remain active for one year. After one year, if you are still interested in adjunct teaching, you may resubmit your application for subsequent years. Note, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Position duties include:
• Meet all designated course instruction guidelines and departmental assessment objectives.
• Grade assignments and exams in a timely manner.
• Respond to student inquiries within 1-2 business days.
• Submit final grades according to school policy.
Teach courses in marketing as needed. These classes could be inclusive of any areas within the discipline. Examples include retailing, business-to-business marketing, integrated marketing communication/advertising strategy, personal selling/sales management, social media/internet/digital marketing, global/international marketing, branding/brand management, or service marketing.
Master’s degree in a related field with experience and specialized expertise directly related to the position.
COMPETENCIES / EXPERIENCE :
• Demonstrated teaching experience or good oral presentation and communication skills.
Demonstrated experience working in and fostering a diverse faculty, staff, and student environment or commitment to do so as a faculty member at VCU .
Ph.D or other doctoral degree in a related discipline or directly related to the position is highly preferred.
Previous experience teaching courses within an undergraduate or graduate-level business program is particularly welcome.
Job Open Date 07/01/2020 Remove from posting on or before 06/30/2021 Open Until Filled No Special Instructions to Applicants
All candidates must attach to this application a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, and the names/contact information for three references (as an “Other Document”).
Virginia Commonwealth University is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Additional Information Quick Link https://www.vcujobs.com/postings/99703 Supplemental Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How did you find out about this position?
- ○ Alumni association magazine
- ○ Chronicle of Higher Education
- ○ Community event
- ○ Email notification
- ○ HERC (Higher Ed Recruitment Consortium)
- ○ Higher education publication
- ○ Internal Recruiter
- ○ Job fair
- ○ Job site (e.g. Monster.com)
- ○ Listserv
- ○ Newspaper
- ○ Professional association/journal
- ○ Referred by person/employee
- ○ Search firm notification
- ○ VCU vacancy listing - eJobs
- ○ Other
- * If you selected 'Other' for your referral source please
indicate where you heard about this posting. (If you did not select
'Other,' please enter 'n/a.')
(Open Ended Question)
- Cover Letter/Letter of Application
- Other Document
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business & Management Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Business Administration Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Marketing & Sales Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond
- Education Adjunct Not specified Full Time jobs in Richmond