Director of Counseling and Student Health Programs - WVU Tech
The Division of Student Life at WVU Tech seeks to hire a full-time, twelve (12) month, Director of Counseling and Student Health Programs (Behavioral Health Therapist). This position will report to the WVU Tech Dean of Student Life and salary will be commensurate with education and experience.
In order to be successful in this position, the ideal candidate will:
- Directing the administration of and performing the clinical responsibilities of a single provider mental health office.
- Provide consultation and outreach to clients and their families, WVU Tech faculty and staff, and the university community.
- Provide brief counseling and psychotherapy for individuals, groups, and couples with diverse presenting concerns.
- Conduct intake evaluations, assessments, triages, consultation, and crisis intervention services.
- Provide walk-in and after hours crisis phone consultations for the WVU Beckley campus
Work Hours: 8 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.; with additional late hours, and occasional weekends
WVU provides competitive wages for its employees, and takes related experience and education into consideration when determining appropriate salary.
WVU offers a comprehensive benefits package, 12 paid holidays and generous paid time off, as well as many other discounts and services. Learn more about available benefits at https://talentandculture.wvu.edu/benefits-and-compensation .
- Master's degree in Counseling or Social Work
- At least 400 hours of supervised practica in providing psychological services including adult outpatient individual counseling/therapy, group psychotherapy, and assessment.
- At least one (1) year of internship in stated field that includes a primary rotation in counseling/therapy and counseling
- Excellent interpersonal, oral, & written communications skills
- Licensed in Counseling or Social Work within the state of West Virginia or be licensed-eligible within 18 months.
- Valid driver's license
West Virginia University is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer, and is the recipient of an NSF ADVANCE award for gender equity. The University values diversity among its faculty, staff, and students, and invites applications from all qualified applicants regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, nationality, genetics, disability, or Veteran status.
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Counsellor Education Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Professional Fields Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown
- Social Work & Human Services Not specified Full Time jobs in Morgantown