Associate Director, Agricultural Research/Extension Center
Requisition Number S337P Home Org Name EV SMITH RESEARCH CENTER Division Name Agriculture Experiment Station Position Title Associate Director, Agricultural Research/Extension Center Job Class Code GA06 Appointment Status Full-time Part-time FTE Limited Term No Limited Term Length Job Summary
The E.V. Smith Research Center of Auburn University is seeking candidates for the position of Associate Director. This position is located at the EVSRC – Headquarters – Farm Services Unit in Shorter, AL. * The individual in this position will provide leadership to the Director of the E.V. Smith Research Center in collaboration with the administration, Department Heads, and Dean for the College of Agriculture and the Director and Associate Directors of the Alabama Agricultural Experiment Station.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, overseeing the day to day operations and implementation of operational and research projects of a unit within an agricultural research center and acting as unit head in the absence of the Director for technical, administrative, and resource management matters at the center to support all AAES programs related to row crop production for research, teaching, and/or extension programs. Essential functions are representative of major duties of positions in this job classification. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary based upon departmental needs and may include the following:
Planning, overseeing, and implementing all aspects of a research unit to include design, system installation, operation, and data collection for precision agriculture and soil fertility research, teaching, and extension projects.
Interacting with a variety of individuals and groups for tours, seminars, and presentations;
Scheduling, monitoring, and maintaining records of research;
Procuring equipment and supplies to sustain research projects;
Supervising machinery operation, maintenance, and repair;
Supervising and/or monitors clean up and sanitation of research facility and equipment;
May assist in the development and monitoring of the department budget;
Ensuring compliance with pesticide application, procedure, and standards, as well as other regulations specific to execution of job responsibilities;
Full supervisory responsibility for other employees is a major responsibility and includes directing and coordinating work schedules, training, evaluating, and making or recommending pay, promotion or other employment decisions.
Education Level Bachelor's degree Field of Study
Degree in Agricultural Business, Management, Business, or related agricultural field OR equivalent.
Years of Experience 5 years Area of Experience
Experience in agricultural operations and/or agricultural research with progressively increasing levels of responsibility and accountability.
Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Education Level Field of Study Years of Experience Area of Experience Requirements for Additional Job Levels
Minimum Skills and Abilities
Excellent interpersonal, written communication skills and demonstrated technical excellence and ability to work independently and in a team environment are essential.
Minimum Technology Skills Minimum License and Certifications
1. A Master’s degree in the agricultural sciences, Certified Pesticide Applicator License (D&R Preferred), knowledge and experience with row crop research, maintenance and operation of equipment, and supervisory experience are preferred.
2. Demonstrated experience with precision agriculture technology is also desired.
3. Advanced computer skills
4. Relevant work experience in row crop research.
Salary Grade 35 Salary Range $51,900 - $86,400 Job Category Executive/Director/Management Working Hours if Non-Traditional List any hazardous conditions or physical demands required by this position Posting Date 07/17/2020 Closing Date EEO Statement
AUBURN UNIVERSITY IS AN AFFIRMATIVE ACTION / EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER . It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunities for all individuals without regard to race, sex, religion, color, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Special Instructions to Applicants
Please utilize the attachment feature on the on-line application system and attach the following: cover letter, resume. Only complete application packets will be considered for selection.
Quick Link for Internal Postings http://www.auemployment.com/postings/18207 Documents Needed to Apply
- Cover Letter
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * How were you made aware of this opportunity?
- AU Employment website
- Employment websites (Indeed, HigherEd Jobs, etc.)
- Veterans Assistance Services
- Disability Assistance Services
- Professional Journal
- HR email
- Social Media
- State Employment Service
- * Please select the answer that best describes your current
employment relationship with Auburn University.
- Not a current Auburn employee
- Current Auburn employee in position less than one year
- Current Auburn employee in position more than one year
- * Do you have a Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited
institution in Agricultural Business, Management, Business, or
related agricultural field OR equivalent?
- * How many years of experience do you have in this type of
More searches like this
- Faculty Positions Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Science, Technology & Mathematics Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Agriculture & Animal Sciences Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Administrative Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn
- Academic Affairs Executive Not specified Full Time jobs in Auburn